SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Ortega and Guentzel factored into their only goal too. If people think we are a one line team, they should watch Omaha some more. No tears shed by me after watching them the last two years. I used to pull for them when we weren't playing them because of Blais. Now, after a few years in the NCHC, I absolutely hate them. They are the Southern Gophers. Definitely the team I dislike the most in the new conference and it will be a blast to cheer against them in the future.

12 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Ortega and Guentzel factored into their only goal too. If people think we are a one line team, they should watch Omaha some more. No tears shed by me after watching them the last two years. I used to pull for them when we weren't playing them because of Blais. Now, after a few years in the NCHC, I absolutely hate them. They are the Southern Gophers. Definitely the team I dislike the most in the new conference and it will be a blast to cheer against them in the future.

I hear you but to me, Denver will always be my most hated conference foe (this also probably has to do with the fact I'm a CC fan and Denver has had our number). Your point is valid though, Omaha is a team I used to pull for but find it harder and harder to do so lately.

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Denver has clawed back from a 2-0 deficit to lead Duluth 3-2 late in the third. Duluth has to be the biggest disappointment in the conference. High expectations have not been met thus far.

And they are badly outshooting their opponent again. They seem to have 40+ shots in every game but never score more than 2 or 3 goals. They either have terrible puck luck, terrible shooters, or they are attempting a lot of terrible shots. 

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

How do you figure?

They have the more favorable remaining schedule and the top of the standings is pretty much a tie right now. We both have Omaha, Duluth, and WMU remaining on the schedule. Their other series are at CC and Miami and ours are at Denver and WMU. Not a strong favorite but the favorite nonetheless. No one besides, SCSU and us, has a realistic shot at this point.

23 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Anyone else finding as much joy as I am in UMD having such a letdown of a season?

I never would have before, but now I absolutely LOVE it.  This is due to nobody on the team,  but their fanbase as they portray themselves on Twitter.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Denver has clawed back from a 2-0 deficit to lead Duluth 3-2 late in the third. Duluth has to be the biggest disappointment in the conference. High expectations have not been met thus far.

10 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

And they are badly outshooting their opponent again. They seem to have 40+ shots in every game but never score more than 2 or 3 goals. They either have terrible puck luck, terrible shooters, or they are attempting a lot of terrible shots. 

10 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Duluth loses again while outshooting their opponent badly. They are now 5-5-4 when outshooting their opponent by 10+ shots. Quite a few of those games they outshot their opponent by closer to 20 shots.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/3931275-college-mens-hockey-bulldogs-suffer-rocky-mountain-low-3-2-loss-denver

16 hours ago, Godsmack said:

But imagine what Scott Sandelin could do with UND's talent and facilities!  And he won that natty five years ago too!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Come to think of it, we had a pretty good streak going before the change as well.  I put the loss to Omaha and the tie with CC on the jersey change.  :wink: