SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

At no point in that article does Wodon address the elephant in the room: Lucia appears to still be loyal to his alma mater.  His retort also doesn't even begin to discuss the culture of hockey in Minnesota, which is a big feature in the City Pages article as well.

Don't bother trying to argue with Wodon though, he believes Seth Jones committed to UND before going to the WHL and when proven wrong he refused to acknowledge his error.

10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

At no point in that article does Wodon address the elephant in the room: Lucia appears to still be loyal his alma mater.  His retort also doesn't even begin to discuss the culture of hockey in Minnesota, which is a big feature in the City Pages article as well.

Don't bother trying to argue with Wodon though, he believes Seth Jones committed to UND before going to the WHL and when proven wrong he refused to acknowledge his error.

I totally agree-while Wodon may make some valid counter-arguments, I kept waiting for him to address the Notre Dame fund raiser bit but he seems to have cherry picked what he was going to focus his critique on.

32 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

At no point in that article does Wodon address the elephant in the room: Lucia appears to still be loyal to his alma mater.  His retort also doesn't even begin to discuss the culture of hockey in Minnesota, which is a big feature in the City Pages article as well.

It's hard to take an article seriously when the writer can't even spell the word "fire" correctly in the 2nd paragraph.

34 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Lucia addressed the Notre Dame fundraiser on Beyond the Pond on KFAN on Saturday. There's a podcast on their website if anyone wants to listen to that. It was a pretty detailed story.

I find it odd that to defend the Minnesota program that CHN article and Lucia in the Beyond the Pond interview both make the claim that they've won more games than UND in the last so many years... like, thanks for the shoutout? 

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

There are several sections of this article where you could substitute the name "Hak" and it would still fit. TImes have changed, there is much more parity in college hockey which is a good thing. When UND really started going after top notch Canadian hockey players (many decades ago) the gopher fans didn't like it and started dissing UND as a non-American team. All of a sudden it wasn't a one team race. Competition is good.  

8 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Lucia addressed the Notre Dame fundraiser on Beyond the Pond on KFAN on Saturday. There's a podcast on their website if anyone wants to listen to that. It was a pretty detailed story.

I find it odd that to defend the Minnesota program that CHN article and Lucia in the Beyond the Pond interview both make the claim that they've won more games than UND in the last so many years... like, thanks for the shoutout? 

Did it also mention that while they did well in the last two years of the WCHA, they also are a part of a conference that has been less than spectacular.  Does it also mention that Minnesota didn't play many road games outside of the state of Minnesota.  Until recently it only helped them, but when the NCAA changed the rules, it hurt them.  The fact that they compared themselves to us after a run of losing players like Miller, Matteau, Koules, Mantha, Lemieux, etc. pretty much shows that UND has that work ethic that can offset losses like that.  When was the last time people complimented Minnesota that they work so darn hard.  You always hear coaches say that about UND and how they want to instill that in their team. 

On 1/18/2016 at 11:51 AM, petey23 said:

I think St. Cloud is the team to beat this year in the NCHC. Especially as we move into the grind of the late season and playoffs.

They are far better than UND in the faceoff circle which gives them an advantage in that we both like to possess the puck. As the season goes on 5 on 5 goals get tougher and tougher to come by. I feel our power play is starting to click but theirs is lights out. Our penalty kill is quite a bit better than theirs percentage wise but they take far less penalties than we do.

After one weekend I'm not willing to go up skywriting and spell out "UND's powerplay is lights out", but I was favorably impressed with the 50% tally for the weekend's power play efforts.  That and you are spot on about our PK...we are committed on the kill and a shorty threat to boot, always a great combination.  Faceoffs?  Yeah.  We need help there for sure. 

Here's to keeping that 50% PP pace going through another weekend.