SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

I just think back to past instances of Gopher players and find it hard to believe there's any innocence here. Blood comes to mind as being the most despicable human being after being slough footed either after the final horn, or as it sounded. Along with Gopher players making comments about Finley's special needs sister. I realize not everyone supports how those two handled it, but knowing myself, I'd likely have been dragging guys out of the handshake line also.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:
10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've seen him do it, so you saying he doesn't is just flat out wrong. I'm not saying this had to have happened in this situation. I'm saying it's very possible because a nasty hit happened more than once. Wisconsin was going for him. A single player doesn't usually get singled out without having some sort of a backstory.

I have yet to see Novak be any sort of instigator at all and I watch every game. In fact I would say he's been the anti-Rau so far when it comes to that aspect. You're just using your Gopher hate to try and justify what happened to him. Either way, I don't care what any player says to you, it doesn't mean you attempt to seriously injure or paralyze them, which your comments suggest is completely fine. If you had a boy playing hockey would it be okay for me to justify him being paralyzed from the neck down after a purposely dirty hit just because he "said" something to a player? 

13 hours ago, GFG said:

Or you could just NOT assume that I think that's ok, since that's NOT how I feel. Just because someone is jawing, doesn't mean he should get hit, it just increases the chances that he might.

Lol I'm using nothing of the hate you think I am, just my eyes. So, drop the whiny and just realize someone disagrees with you.

Again, a single player doesn't typically take two vicious hits like that without some sort of a history/backstory.

On January 27, 2016 at 11:31 PM, GFG said:

He certainly wasn't happy about the hits, especially when you couple them with the dirty hits from last season. What's worse is that Eaves said he disagrees with the suspension to Wittchow and said he was going to appeal it. Just goes to show that Eaves doesn't believe in discipline. 

Didn't St Donnie appeal the suspension a number of years ago of a certain Gopher who kicked a DU player in the chest with his skate?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Didn't St Donnie appeal the suspension a number of years ago of a certain Gopher who kicked a DU player in the chest with his skate?

Man, I vividly remember that incident! I'm no fan of Pio hockey but I was pissed. That was such a bush league move by that Gopher player. I guess he kicked the Denver player so hard he cut through his jersey.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Man, I vividly remember that incident! I'm no fan of Pio hockey but I was pissed. That was such a bush league move by that Gopher player. I guess he kicked the Denver player so hard he cut through his jersey.

Was that Reg Berg who did that?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:59 PM, GFG said:

Right...if you think he's like Rau in any way you're crazy. He doesn't noticeably stir stuff up like Rau at all. Not even a little bit. It was just Wisconsin frustrated because they were getting their @ss beat and he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They had another text book check from behind that was only called a 2 minute boarding minor because (one can only assume) they had already had a player kicked out for it. That one wasn't on Novak. Same stuff happened last year against Wisconsin, also resulting in them getting a couple of suspensions. 

I do agree both hits were suspension worthy, but I still think Cavallini's should be getting a lot more notoriety for how dangerous and vicious it was. It's disgraceful. He purposely launches himself into Novak from behind to drive him head first into the boards. If you haven't seen it and want to see for yourselves: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-ten/2016/1/25/10829316/big-ten-suspends-wisconsins-aidan-cavallini-and-eddie-wittchow

Wow, just viewed both clips and I'm no Goofers apologist (actually a hater) by any means but those were bad hits.  I actually thought the one at center ice was the most vicious.  I don't know anything about the Goofer player's style of play/reputation but even if one stirs up something, those hits are way out of control.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So, Kyle Connor has 15 points in 13 non-conference games and 25 points in 9 B1G games. Michigan is averaging over 6 goals per game in B1G play. Is the defense in the B1G really that bad? 

I watched the Michigan and Penn State game last night.  Neither team had any sort of defensive structure.  My beer league team plays better D than Michigan.  All five skaters collapsed back to the net anytime Penn State had possession in their zone, or so it seemed.  I think UND could goose egg them from what I saw.  I'm hoping for SCSU, UND, Michigan and Minnesota for the regional at the X.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

The Badgers have 8 wins in a little over 1 1/2 seasons. I think Eaves lost control of his team quite a long time ago.

An awful slide like that will certainly help cause a coach to lose control, but I don't think lack of control caused it.  

10 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I'm getting ready to wager all $12.48 in my 401(k) that the Gwoz gets the call from Bucky after this season ends.

Bucky won't buy out Eaves so I doubt they pay the price for Gowz.

What needs to happen is Colorado College needs to swallow some pride an take a BIG check up to Denver an hire Gowz.