SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Considering how different CC and Omaha's seasons have been, it is crazy to look at the possible conference standings after this weekend.

If CC wins tomorrow, they will be tied for 6th in the NCHC and possibly only 3 points back of having a home game in the first round of the conference tournament. 

Omaha could come out of the weekend tied for last in the NCHC. Hopefully not because that would mean we lost to WMU but still pretty crazy.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Considering how different CC and Omaha's seasons have been, it is crazy to look at the possible conference standings after this weekend.

If CC wins tomorrow, they will be tied for 6th in the NCHC and possibly only 3 points back of having a home game in the first round of the conference tournament. 

Omaha could come out of the weekend tied for last in the NCHC. Hopefully not because that would mean we lost to WMU but still pretty crazy.

I still think we get either CC or Western in the first round of the playoffs.  Could see Western back to back weekends.  Not too crazy about playing a really physical team four times in a row during playoffs, but might beat some of the other alternatives.

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

I still think we get either CC or Western in the first round of the playoffs.  Could see Western back to back weekends.  Not too crazy about playing a really physical team four times in a row during playoffs, but might beat some of the other alternatives.

Precisely why I am completely fine with Nick and Cag not playing, right now. This team has big goals in mind. Gotta be at full strength come tourney time. I'd guess if this weekend was the tournament, those two would be in.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised at all if Omaha finishes in 7th or 8th. They still have to play us, SCSU, and Denver. I think 6th, 7th, and 8th will be WMU, UNO, and CC in some order but I have no idea which order. UND and SCSU pretty much have locked the top two spots down and Denver is unlikely to fall out of third unless Miami completes the sweep this weekend.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Precisely why I am completely fine with Nick and Cag not playing, right now. This team has big goals in mind. Gotta be at full strength come tourney time. I'd guess if this weekend was the tournament, those two would be in.

That's why the bye next weekend is a blessing. 2 weeks to get guys healed up and let this damn bug run through the team. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, runaroundsioux said:

That's why the bye next weekend is a blessing. 2 weeks to get guys healed up and let this damn bug run through the team. 

Yup. I said it to a buddy last weekend, if those two aren't healthy, sit them against CC and WMU and get three weeks off. It's the right move, by Bubbs.