SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

12 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Considering how different CC and Omaha's seasons have been, it is crazy to look at the possible conference standings after this weekend.

If CC wins tomorrow, they will be tied for 6th in the NCHC and possibly only 3 points back of having a home game in the first round of the conference tournament. 

Omaha could come out of the weekend tied for last in the NCHC. Hopefully not because that would mean we lost to WMU but still pretty crazy.

And yet Omaha is still sitting pretty in the Pairwise (11th), while CC doesn't have a chance without winning the conference autobid.

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

But...but...but...Sandy won that natty five years ago!  I mean, nevermind the 8 out of 15 seasons with a .500 or worse record, 8 seasons with 16 wins or less (and cruising for a 9th by the looks of it), and a winning percentage of .503, he won a natty once and that's all that matters.

I imagine that could well be the same argument Eaves would put forth.  Well put, MafiaMan.  Gee, just can't help but wonder why the Flyers picked up Haks and not Sandy, Dean. Eaves,...  I mean the guy couldn't win a nattie to save himself.   : -)

St. Cloud's power play is so good.  At first thought, I figure that will get them a long way in the tourney, but I think if they face a disciplined team, or if they don't click in the post season like they do now, they could be ripe for the upset.  Guess that can be said of any team, but St. Cloud seems to rely heavily on a potent PP.  On the other end of the spectrum, their PK is not so good.  UND seems to be scoring o.k. without the PP, so if they start to connect at the right time it could help our chances.  Will be interesting to see how those things play out in the postseason.

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

But...but...but...Sandy won that natty five years ago!  I mean, nevermind the 8 out of 15 seasons with a .500 or worse record, 8 seasons with 16 wins or less (and cruising for a 9th by the looks of it), and a winning percentage of .503, he won a natty once and that's all that matters.

Hakstol is a good coach, and he has a lot of credibility in hockey circles.  But it is hard to defend seven consecutive losses in the Frozen Four.

Duluth and Omaha do not have the tradition, fan base, arena, or the resources that UND has to pull in top-echelon players.  There would have been something seriously wrong if either of those schools had a better overall record than UND during the Hakstol years.

• Downvote 2