SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

the NCHC is snakebite against those higher end Hockey East teams. I never saw DU getting swept out there.

I didn't either.

I thought BC would give them a good game, but thought they'd take care of BU.
Honestly, I think both BU and DU won't be as good as some think.
BU really relied on Eichel, Rodriguez, and O'Connor last season.
And DU is essentially a one line team.  Shut down Moore and Heinen and you have a very good shot at beating them IMO.

Go back to Bisonville.

I can be in many places at once. Develop a sense of humor. It was funny that the guy mentioned small schools beating bc, bc, um-tc, and welcoming them to the club when UND has lost to those three in recent meetings :p  

• Downvote 1

I can be in many places at once. Develop a sense of humor. It was funny that the guy mentioned small schools beating bc, bc, um-tc, and welcoming them to the club when UND has lost to those three in recent meetings :p  

UND hasn't played BC since 2008.  But please, continue to post about topics you know nothing about.

For additional perspective, the 2008 NDSU football team lost games to JV powerhouses like Western Illinois and Youngstown State on their way to a 6-5 final record.  If this doesn't ring a bell it means you hadn't hopped on the bandwagon yet.  

• Upvote 2

UND hasn't played BC since 2008.  But please, continue to post about topics you know nothing about.

For additional perspective, the 2008 NDSU football team lost games to JV powerhouses like Western Illinois and Youngstown State on their way to a 6-5 final record.  If this doesn't ring a bell it means you hadn't hopped on the bandwagon yet.  

How bad did they lose to BC?

Bashing NDSU will not bother me one bit. That's back when I was on the wagon and they were not very good back then.

In non-und news, Notre Dame beat UCONN Friday night. Plays them again today.

UND played BC just a few years ago at The Ralph in the Icebreaker.  UND lost 6-2.

• Upvote 1

How bad did they lose to BC?

Bashing NDSU will not bother me one bit. That's back when I was on the wagon and they were not very good back then.

In non-und news, Notre Dame beat UCONN Friday night. Plays them again today.

Jboy,

I give you credit because you admitted early on that you know little about college hockey.  The candor was appreciated.  And being new to the game is just fine--a person certainly doesn't have to be an expert to enjoy the game.  But you might get more out of this if you try a little less hard to be a smartazz about hockey.   It's your choice of course, but you will probably enjoy it more if you're in it for the hockey. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like Western Michigan is going to get the sweep over Omaha.  Didn't see that one coming...

I know Blais has been talking them up a lot, but I'm really not shocked to see UNO falling off a bit. To be sure, they are a good team that can and will catch lightning in a bottle for stretches. However, they should never have.walked out of Kato with a sweep and I think that gave a few people a distorted view of their ceiling. I, personally, see them as a 3-5 seed when it comes to the conference tourney.

As a CC and UND fan, it's awfully hard to have any sympathy for DU. That said, I'd be pissed if, in fact, DU fell victim to some home cookin.' 

Regarding UND/Vermont, I saw the series and thought the HE refs called it right down the middle so hard to know whether or not the officials for DU's two games were better or worse since I wasn't there.

Jim scores for Vermont.  I'd recognize that stride anywhere.

I know Blais has been talking them up a lot, but I'm really not shocked to see UNO falling off a bit. To be sure, they are a good team that can and will catch lightning in a bottle for stretches. However, they should never have.walked out of Kato with a sweep and I think that gave a few people a distorted view of their ceiling. I, personally, see them as a 3-5 seed when it comes to the conference tourney.

Under Blais, the Mavericks have yet to make a Final Five or a Frozen Faceoff.