SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

I don't think anyone is discounting his accomplishments. 

I get it.  There simply seemed to be an implication that while his 6 SHO's were impressive we should remember the opponents records.  And I was just noting that the same can be said with our tendy, except the fact that our's isn't highly heralded.  My point being that I believe Tomek and/or Johnson (more so Tomek obviously) should get a game in when healthy.  Regardless of Hrynkew's (sp?) current numbers, these other two boy's earned the chance to play some games.  Obviously Hrynkew doesn't simply vanish into thin air given his numbers, but we should see Tomek/Johnson get games in when healthy to see what they have.  As those boys were supposed to help in the long term.  Now if Tomek and/or Johnson falter obviously that has to be taken into consideration as well. 

• Upvote 1

If nothing else, recent experience suggests that we need to have more than one goalie with game experience.  We got lucky last year that Zane did not get hurt (although maybe Hrynkiw would have stepped up then).  No matter how good he is playing, we need to get some more game experience on someone else, just in case.

Edited by Siouxman

If nothing else, recent experience suggests that we need to have more than one goalie with game experience.  We got lucky last year that Zane did not get hurt (although maybe Hrynkiw would have stepped up then).  No matter how good he is playing, we need to get some more game experience on someone else, just in case.

Remember, we always have Wilbur as a hole card.

That's why he isn't posting here anymore.  He's taking pucks from his wife and kids in the basement.

Edited by burd

I get it.  There simply seemed to be an implication that while his 6 SHO's were impressive we should remember the opponents records.  And I was just noting that the same can be said with our tendy, except the fact that our's isn't highly heralded.  My point being that I believe Tomek and/or Johnson (more so Tomek obviously) should get a game in when healthy.  Regardless of Hrynkew's (sp?) current numbers, these other two boy's earned the chance to play some games.  Obviously Hrynkew doesn't simply vanish into thin air given his numbers, but we should see Tomek/Johnson get games in when healthy to see what they have.  As those boys were supposed to help in the long term.  Now if Tomek and/or Johnson falter obviously that has to be taken into consideration as well. 

Based on how Johnson has played, I haven't been impressed with his play. I think he's a big question mark. 

• Upvote 1

Based on how Johnson has played, I haven't been impressed with his play. I think he's a big question mark. 

I agree.  He seems to get shaky early in games.  That's not what you want against a high end team.  He did settle down well but when he's off he's really off.

I agree.  He seems to get shaky early in games.  That's not what you want against a high end team.  He did settle down well but when he's off he's really off.

From interviews I've seen and things I've heard from when he was in Fargo, it seems he is a confidence goaltender.  Obviously that isn't a lot to base an assumption like that after, but if that is the case, he could be really good when his confidence is up, or really off like you said when it isn't.  It's safe to say that early on in both the Lake Superior game this year and last, he was getting his feet wet and wasn't super confident.