SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Apparently the Star Tribune doesn't have Minnesota and Notre Dame penciled in for the playoffs....

This leads me to believe Notre Dame will be playing Minnesota for the Natty. Irish win. Don puts his arm around Mario, tells him how he is proud of him, and they walk off into the sunset.

Either way it was just a correction to the comment about UND not having played BC since 2008.

Ha, you were definitely right, just had your years messed up. I had to go back and look myself. Only reason I remember it was that I sat next to Dave Starman for four games. 

Too early for the Hobey Hat Trick discussion?

It seems that Thatcher Demko from BC would be the heavy favorite at this point.
The kid has 6 shutouts in 9 games.  That's insane.

Yep, Thatcher for Hobey.  A great idea would be for everyone to start proclaiming this, making signs, etc, and watch him turn into a sieve, hehe.  :D

Definitely a little early, but yes, at this point, no doubt about it.

Edited by Big A HG

Yup, pretty nuts.  He's been playing light's out so far.

I would guess the entire team is playing defense at a high level.  Goalie is obviously hot, but you don't get that many shutouts without forwards and dmen both doing their jobs.

Demko is an experienced goalie.  The record of the teams his shutouts have come against are 9-23-7, and two of those teams (4 shutouts) have yet to win a game.  It is interesting to wonder how many shutouts Zane might have by now if he had stayed.

Edited by Siouxman
  • Upvote 1

Too early for the Hobey Hat Trick discussion?

It seems that Thatcher Demko from BC would be the heavy favorite at this point.
The kid has 6 shutouts in 9 games.  That's insane.

UND's opponents record has been light 3-36-11 (.245) but so have B.C.'s  18-34-9 (.368) And while Demko's six shutouts is nothing to sneeze at, the opponents record during those 6 games has been 13-26-8 (.361)... like Siouxman said above, four of those shutouts came against two teams with a combined record of 0-16-3 (.078)    The advice is win the games on your schedule and roll the dice.

Edited by Goon

UND's opponents record has been light 3-36-11 (.245) but so have B.C.'s  18-34-9 (.368) And while Demko's six shutouts is nothing to sneeze at, the opponents record during those 6 games has been 13-26-8 (.361)... like Siouxman said above, four of those shutouts came against two teams with a combined record of 0-16-3 (.078)    The advice is win the games on your schedule and roll the dice.

Still phenomenal.  That same argument can be said for our goaltender (as far as his numbers being so good).  Except that Demko is a nice NHL prospect.