SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

This team lacks a finisher big time....

Agree, we don't seem to get those players anymore.  Cags, Parks and McMillian (like R Duncan) are nice college players but certainly are not going to be notable NHL players--unlike Parise, Toews, B Nelson, Oshie, Stafford,.....

I think Hakstol is safely in Doug Woog territory now.  1-7 (or is it 1-6) in the FF?  WTF?!?!?!?!?!  Zane let in a couple softies to be sure but this guy just can't get it done.  Great teams -- namely, 2011, 2013 and 2014 -- that should have won it all and nothing but choke after choke after choke.  Eades please!

Stop with the Hak bashing - that was a goalie breakdown. 3 that he should have had, period.

Bad game for Zane, but overall a fantastic season and one that I really enjoyed watching.

It wasn't a complete goalie breakdown.

Plus the BU goalie literally gave UND one goal.

We just have no luck. We hit crossbars and miss open nets. We have the puck sitting their right in front of the net and can't quite get our stick on it. We also don't seem to have any luck with officiating. Our goaltender had a bad night. If it is not one thing it is another. In spite of everything there is one thing I hate about hockey. Why can't officials call the game fairly all the way to the end of the game. The fact that Patton got a penalty on that play is an absolute joke and the official that called it should be suspended. The replay showed that he had clear vision on the whole play. In spite of everything else that call alone probably resulted in the game not being tied. College hockey should be embarrassed for not cleaning up stuff that happens with officiating at the end of games. It really is very sad.

• Upvote 1

Agree, we don't seem to get those players anymore. Cags, Parks and McMillian (like R Duncan) are nice college players but certainly are not going to be notable NHL players--unlike Parise, Toews, B Nelson, Oshie, Stafford,.....

I do think those types of players are coming back to ND though, at least I hope so by the way people talk of some of our recruits. Eichel is a phenom for the east coast.

ENOUGH with the hak trash talk - I am so sick of it. Hak is a great coach and we are LUCKY to have him man the helm. He gets the team prepared every year to succeed. He is NOT the guy out there passing the puck, stopping the shots, blocking shots, etc. hak doesn't get much props when the Sioux win but when the Sioux lose......my god, it's 200% his fault and then some - damn that guy! Jeez. Breathe people! If/when hak leaves for the pros (surprised it hasn't happened already) we will realize what we had with him and will be pleading for him to call me back.

I've actually come to the conclusion, based on his great coaching during the reg season and getting the team to the ncaa tourney,  that Haks would be a better pro coach than a college coach.  It simply suits his coaching style, expertise,.....

• Upvote 1

I've actually come to the conclusion, based on his great coaching during the reg season and getting the team to the ncaa tourney, that Haks would be a better pro coach than a college coach. It simply suits his coaching style, expertise,.....

If that's the case, then let's hope he goes to the NHL sooner than later, better fit

Not a single player or coach on this team has anything to apologize for.  Fans of this team should be proud of the way they have played and the way they handled themselves this year.  

I would go all in that they have outperformed the way their loudest critics perform their own day jobs. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  This was a really great team, and for me, this elimination game will sit alongside the title game against Denver and last year against MN as games where they deserved a better fate.  They carried the play, they got pucks and bodies to the net.  They really did everything they could have hoped for going in except outscore the other guys.

And about half the guys posting on this thread are ****ing dirtbags.