SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

22 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Marginal? I would not take my family out in that weather for unnecessary travel. It’s just a game…

Hey.. when the kids are playing VB in the EDC tournament sometimes you have to travel in bad weather.  The roads were not good today, but they werent all that bad as long as you werent going 70 mph.  We "enjoyed" the 2nd half of the football game after VB was over.  I agree with Oxbow.. would be more fun if they had a legit playoff chance.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's needed at the alerus?  more virtue signaling and less vodka?????

How stupid is that!!  I get its a sign of solidarity, but clearly just virtue signaling.  Especially considering less than 3% of vodka imported to the US is from Russia.  And, Russia has already been paid for all the Russian vodka that is currently in the US.  Just dumb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

How stupid is that!!  I get its a sign of solidarity, but clearly just virtue signaling.  Especially considering less than 3% of vodka imported to the US is from Russia.  And, Russia has already been paid for all the Russian vodka that is currently in the US.  Just dumb.

Exactly. Meanwhile everyone is silent about the half million barrels of oil purchased from Russia per day. Clown world.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Exactly. Meanwhile everyone is silent about the half million barrels of oil purchased from Russia per day. Clown world.

that's what i was kind of hinting at....did the alerus turn the heat down to 55 too???????????? or just flip a switch and shed a tear?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Wait until China take Tiawan.

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kinda tells you something about the alerus....just finding out now that vodka is served there!

If someone didn't know vodka was served there, I'd question what events they've ever attended, if any.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

If someone didn't know vodka was served there, I'd question what events they've ever attended, if any.

Well I think maybe I had like one beer there….ever! Why do you need alcohol when there is football? Plus I drive there….either way…Go UND

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Years ago, a Poly fan who was sitting next to me was floored that the facility served drinks..  We had a great time at the game.  Just like the Bison parents that sat next to me this year.  We had a great time.. of course that last one could have been better IMO.

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

really how much would it be to cut out 5 or 6 large portions of wall behind the south catwalk and let some southern sunlight into the building...heck...make the whole south wall glass!!!!!!!!

It'd be great for football, ... but other events? 

And what'd be the impact on the heating and cooling bills? 

Found this pic which is interesting enough that I thought I'd share it.  Looks like the South end zone would 100% work if an expansion were needed.  That said, it looks like the roof did collapse without any support there so I don't know what, if anything, was changed to prevent the roof from failing again.  Surprised I haven't ever seen anyone mention that the roof collapsed during construction.

899368_00_auro_N1_lrg.thumb.jpg.7805d8b3cbda3b9e0ab584287db9d609.jpg

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Found this pic which is interesting enough that I thought I'd share it.  Looks like the South end zone would 100% work if an expansion were needed.  That said, it looks like the roof did collapse without any support there so I don't know what, if anything, was changed to prevent the roof from failing again.  Surprised I haven't ever seen anyone mention that the roof collapsed during construction.

i remember that....

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It'd be great for football, ... but other events? 

And what'd be the impact on the heating and cooling bills? 

so your saying that a public entity cares about bills?  they already have that large atrium to the east of the field

1 minute ago, Kab said:

With that large roof it makes sense to put solar on the whole roof.

need to start seeing more solar in our part of the world 

a sofi like roof?  how much money could they make with having one of busiest airports in the country right there...

31 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

It was a big story back during construction, and the insurance/legal  settlements dragged out for months after.  It all played out in the pages of the Herald , KNOX-AM, KCNN, WDAZ News, Valley News and KX4– all of which had offices in Grand Forks at the time. 

and couldn't they have an outside area (with concessions in summer) that you access if you went up the west stairs by the interstate and had doors at the top of the stairs leading outside behind the und helmet with a nice view facing south?

33333333.png

• Upvote 1