SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

21 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Maybe so, but the REA getting a new scoreboard was probably about 100th on my list of issues and desires for the hockey team. 

Agreed, but at least they are drawing crowds - Led the nation in attendance.  Both Bubba's need to pick it up this year.  I love the football only fan's reply to any issue -  "but hockey".  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

Agreed, but at least they are drawing crowds - Led the nation in attendance.  Both Bubba's need to pick it up this year.  I love the football only fan's reply to any issue -  "but hockey".  

Don't get me wrong, I love our hockey team. But big screens have never done much for me. 

8 hours ago, Irish said:

Are they though? 

I think we can agree both programs have some work to do to get actual butts in seats next year.  

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

I did not go to the game against Drake but did hear from my dad that game day programs are no longer being printed.   Does anyone know if this is something that's becoming a trend at other schools around the country?  I think it's a bad idea.  I don't want to constantly be pulling out my phone to determine who's who and I certainly don't want to print the program at home prior to going to the game.  This seems like a bad idea to try to save a few dollars...

Oh and apparently I'm not the only one:  https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4649229-Letter-Bring-back-UND-football-programs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmksioux said:

I did not go to the game against Drake but did hear from my dad that game day programs are no longer being printed.   Does anyone know if this is something that's becoming a trend at other schools around the country?  I think it's a bad idea.  I don't want to constantly be pulling out my phone to determine who's who and I certainly don't want to print the program at home prior to going to the game.  This seems like a bad idea to try to save a few dollars...

I prefer to spend the $2.00 for the program.  However I will print off the roster and 2 deep for the games from now on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Oh and apparently I'm not the only one:  https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4649229-Letter-Bring-back-UND-football-programs

Looks like it might be for all sports.    Making a pdf available before the game.    I would always try and get a FB program over the years and it was rare they had anyone selling them on west side of the Alerus.   If I wanted one, I'd have to hike to the east side.   If they discontinued printing them because of low sales, IMO they didn't work very hard at making them available to half the arena.

image.png.3c041a7bc9341a981fcd42fedb6d3142.png

15 minutes ago, northernraider said:

It might be a generational thing but glad programs are now online only. I would say a lot of the printed ones go unsold or tossed in the trash after the game. Seems a lot of waste in paper, ink, and trash space. Also saving the school money on the unsold programs

Waste of ink maybe.  Paper is recyclable.  If it's truly costing the school that much money, raise the cost a buck or two.  

Not sure how wifi is in the arena this year, but historically it's been very difficult to access internet while at the games.  Hopefully they improved it if we need to rely on it in order to access the game day program.

40 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but the team’s entrance against Drake was embarrassing. There was no flow to it and the light stayed on.

I think the announcer was asleep at the wheel as well as the stadium director

it really sucked, AD should be all over this

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Waste of ink maybe.  Paper is recyclable.  If it's truly costing the school that much money, raise the cost a buck or two.  

Not sure how wifi is in the arena this year, but historically it's been very difficult to access internet while at the games.  Hopefully they improved it if we need to rely on it in order to access the game day program.

just opened the digital program from Drake game.  would be tough to read at the game on a phone.  lots of old people that couldn't manage that at all.

11 hours ago, northernraider said:

It might be a generational thing but glad programs are now online only. I would say a lot of the printed ones go unsold or tossed in the trash after the game. Seems a lot of waste in paper, ink, and trash space. Also saving the school money on the unsold programs

kind of agree but my guess is 1/3 of the people attending games (not just UND but NDSU as weel, like my father) would not know how to view a program online. 

• Upvote 1