SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

25 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

there already is such a thing as comparative fault, so congrats

looked it up...nope stupid.  u enter the Alerus Center, Lowe's, or your friends house and you get injured for any reason you shouldn't be able to sue the owner of the Alerus, Lowe's, or your friend..bottom line if you feel unsafe at an event with 10k fans at the Alerus center watch it at home, if you feel unsafe at Lowe's where they stack ovens ten high shop at Dakotah TV and Appliance, and if you go to a friends house or they have five dogs and five staircases ...go home.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

looked it up...nope stupid.  u enter the Alerus Center, Lowe's, or your friends house and you get injured for any reason you shouldn't be able to sue the owner of the Alerus, Lowe's, or your friend..bottom line if you feel unsafe at an event with 10k fans at the Alerus center watch it at home, if you feel unsafe at Lowe's where they stack ovens ten high shop at Dakotah TV and Appliance, and if you go to a friends house or they have five dogs and five staircases ...go home.

i'm genuinely curious why you think this

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Any reason at all? A speaker falls from the ceiling and crushes your legs? “Welp, I shouldn’t been standing there.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Any reason at all? A speaker falls from the ceiling and crushes your legs? “Welp, I shouldn’t been standing there.”

yeah...any reason at all.

if i break into your lake cabin and fall down the stairs because your tv i'm stealing was too heavy, can i sue you for leaving a dog bone on the top step?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and insurance is free?

i don't think you're following what i am saying. say you're driving your car and get into an accident and get sued. your car insurance carrier is going to hire an attorney and also pay out whatever they settle for or get at trial, so you're not paying the premium (which you have to do to be able to have a car) and the costs of the lawsuit.

3 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

i don't think you're following what i am saying. say you're driving your car and get into an accident and get sued. your car insurance carrier is going to hire an attorney and also pay out whatever they settle for or get at trial, so you're not paying the premium (which you have to do to be able to have a car) and the costs of the lawsuit.

i understand that...being on a public road is much different than being in a private business or residence.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i understand that...being on a public road is much different than being in a private business or residence.

well the same goes for say homeowner insurance or insurance a business would have. anyway, i think you're arguing for the way things ought to be whereas i am saying how things are, so nevermind.

Just now, UNDhoops said:

well the same goes for say homeowner insurance or insurance a business would have. anyway, i think you're arguing for the way things ought to be whereas i am saying how things are, so nevermind.

let's say you move to new york and open a deli in the bronx called UNDhoops Deli across the street from Tony Saprano's New York Deli.  Let's say Tony isn't too happy your moving into his area with all your ideas of opening hundreds of deli's to compete with Tony's deli's.  Let's say that every week you notice that these new yorkers are really really uncoordinated and everyday you have someone slipping on a grape, a head of lettuce, an unidentified liquid in the corner and your going broke paying off all these "accidents". Six month later you close your store and move back to north dakota bc the insurance was killing you.  Then you find out that Tony across the street was paying homeless people 20 bucks to take a dive in your deli to try to put you out of business.  How would you feel?  How do you fix this for future entrepreneurs?

57 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Not all lawsuits are "fake". I suppose you think people who die eating contaminated lettuce should be held responsible for it too? :crazy:

If you would’ve said eating kale instead of lettuce, I would have to agree that yes they should be held personally responsible. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yeah...any reason at all.

if i break into your lake cabin and fall down the stairs because your tv i'm stealing was too heavy, can i sue you for leaving a dog bone on the top step?

So under my scenario, or any engineering/installation failure, you think the injured party shouldn’t be able to sue?

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Right. This all or nothing thing you’re doing is weird.

how do you propose to end all these stupid fake lawsuits?  if the city pays this anything more will call the lawyer on the demers billboard that say "have you bee injured call me"...

my buddy had to burn down his gma's old farmstead by park river bc he was afraid of a lawsuit from people stealing the old copper in the walls. that is stupid and weird that someone can break into his grandma's house and sue his grandma because they might get hurt stealing from his grandma.

34 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how do you propose to end all these stupid fake lawsuits?  if the city pays this anything more will call the lawyer on the demers billboard that say "have you bee injured call me"...

my buddy had to burn down his gma's old farmstead by park river bc he was afraid of a lawsuit from people stealing the old copper in the walls. that is stupid and weird that someone can break into his grandma's house and sue his grandma because they might get hurt stealing from his grandma.

Again, the completely black and white thing is how 5 year olds look at the world. Some bull$%!# will always get through the cracks and that sucks, but there are liability laws in place to protect people and they all have history as the reason.

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Again, the completely black and white thing is how 5 year olds look at the world. Some bull$%!# will always get through the cracks and that sucks, but there are liability laws in place to protect people and they all have history as the reason.

some 5 year olds are smarter than the average adults sometimes tho...u enter a private property and u feel unsafe...leave. pretty simple stuff.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

some 5 year olds are smarter than the average adults sometimes tho...u enter a private property and u feel unsafe...leave. pretty simple stuff.

I’m sure the people in the Kansas City Hyatt Regency in 1981 felt plenty safe before they died. Their fault no doubt. Shoulda known better.