SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

The screech was unexpected. I first noticed it at the start of the second half. I loved it!  Maybe a bit loud but when I was expecting it, it wasn't as jarring. But that whole Alerus sound system needs a reboot.  It was "muffle muffle muffle" through out... only Brian Rivers came through somewhat clear.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

I thought it was absolutely terrible. At first I didn't even recognize that it was supposed to be a hawk noise and thought the sound guy jacked something up. And then it was like he(she) had only found that button in the second half and wanted to push it as many times as they could. It is cheesy and bad. I vote it goes.

I didn't mind it, my five year old and his two buddies thought it was hilarious so I am fine with it.  Anything to get the kids loving the games.  

I did love the Hawk on the big screen during field goal attempts.  Love to see more things like that. 

The entrance was legit   All that's needed now is a tweak in timing to have the camera out in front of the team to show Bubba leading the crew to the helmet. 

I give the Al and marketing staff a lot of credit, it's improving. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/20/2016 at 9:24 AM, 77iceman said:

please, please, please!!!!!  please can we get this on the big video monitor and edit the video a bit to make it look like he's chanting "U  N  D"??!!!

Great call 77iceman!  You suggestion looked great at the game.  It wasn't chanting UND but it was hilarious!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, homer said:

I give the Al and marketing staff a lot of credit, it's improving. 

Maybe after UND has been in the building for, oh I don't know, say 15 years, they will finally have it down.  :blink:

Seriously the intro and stuff was better this weekend than it was for the opener, so that is good.  

Just frustrating that the Alerus has struggled with this kind of stuff when it is done so well a few blocks away at REA, 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Maybe after UND has been in the building for, oh I don't know, say 15 years, they will finally have it down.  :blink:

Seriously the intro and stuff was better this weekend than it was for the opener, so that is good.  

Just frustrating that the Alerus has struggled with this kind of stuff when it is done so well a few blocks away at REA, 

Very true. The Alerus Center staff and marketing people at UND need to take a page from Bubba's playbook: take it day by day and keep on improving!

• Upvote 3

How about more promotions and giveaways for the public instead of just the students. At the Potato Bowl we got t-shirts and a bag, homecoming it was Hawk gloves just for students. Why not Hawk gloves for everyone. There's more giveaways at a RedHawks baseball game than at a UND football game. I didn't even get a free yard sign after the potato bowl like I did the past two years.

6 hours ago, ClassB said:

Crazy. We win a few games and make a couple presentation changes and all of a sudden it's rainbows and sunshine. Love it! Fly on, Flagship!

No one said rainbows and sunshine but it is improved, wouldn't you say?  

• Upvote 1