SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

7 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I already started by saying it's weak that NDSU does that...so..yeah...go for it I guess?

I think most people are familiar they used to have a different nickname.  I think they've also went by Farmers at one point. Wish they'd kept one of those old names.  

Ok then. What's the deal with NDSU using the Law for the Wolves from the Jungle Book, replacing some words, and claiming it as their own.

http://www.bartleby.com/246/1131.html

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

Ok then. What's the deal with NDSU using the Law for the Wolves from the Jungle Book, replacing some words, and claiming it as their own.

http://www.bartleby.com/246/1131.html

Don't know.  Don't care.  I think that stuff is all cheesy anyway.  I prefer original content.

Speaking of original content: 

Fighting-Sioux-Reagan1-418x630.jpg

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Although glass on one end and seating in the other end zone would be spectacular upgrades, it is quite the pipe dream.

From a realistic perspective, I would say:

1) NEW sound system

2) New turf with fighting hawks logo at midfield and end zones -- this could become reality in a few years as the Big Sky logos will also need to be replaced by MVFC logos

Get rid of the black endzones and make them bright Kelly Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Don't know.  Don't care.  I think that stuff is all cheesy anyway.  I prefer original content.

Speaking of original content: 

Fighting-Sioux-Reagan1-418x630.jpg

I was there that day, front center - 5 people in front of me, in the UND Field House.  Talked to security people that day and they said how much more security protection was present compared to when Pres. J. Kennedy was here.

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/business/3884883-alerus-center-officials-gauge-naming-rights-value-negotiations-begin

According to this article from 2015, the deal was for 20 years.  So it will expire in 2021.

Also, I guess I didn't realize the Alerus Center changed their logo.  Ironically one that features "bird wings" in the A.

Alerus Center.jpg

You sure it's not the Loch Ness Monster?

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I was there that day, front center - 5 people in front of me, in the UND Field House.  Talked to security people that day and they said how much more security protection was present compared to when Pres. J. Kennedy was here.

That tragic day in Dallas in 1963 changed security procedures for the President forever. You'll never see a President ride in an open convertible ever again.

• 3 weeks later...

so we spent a few million dollars for the nice new turf at the alerus...so now the alerus logos are outdated, the bsc logos are soon to be outdated, and fruend is hinting at a  hawk head logo at midfield...are they gonna just cut out the center third of the field straight across and put it in brand new from side line to side line or would they just cut out the outdated logos?  either way its a lot of new seams and alot of work and how much will this cost?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so we spent a few million dollars for the nice new turf at the alerus...so now the alerus logos are outdated, the bsc logos are soon to be outdated, and fruend is hinting at a  hawk head logo at midfield...are they gonna just cut out the center third of the field straight across and put it in brand new from side line to side line or would they just cut out the outdated logos?  either way its a lot of new seams and alot of work and how much will this cost?

I would expect they wait until the MVFC move and then get all new turf with updated logos (ND Hawk logo, Alerus logo, MVFC logo, mid-field ND Hawk logo [?], etc.). This would still provide plenty of time being the move isn't until 2020.