SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Rocco has the opportunity to put his stamp on the 2014-2015 UND hockey team. He leaves after this year and ten years from now he will be vaguely remembered by most of us. He sticks around and makes this HIS team and we may be talking about him for a long time.

I'll say it again:

If a player has an obvious shortcoming (pun intended) they must have some other devastatingly good part to their game to make up for it.

• Is Rocco devastatingly fast (ala Nathan Gerbe)?
  • Does Rocco have Gretzky-esque on-ice vision?
  • Can Rocco's shot dent the pipes?

He's very, very good, but not NHL ready.

• Upvote 1

We do need Rocco next year. Just like we needed Brock Nelson the year when Knight and Kristo were seniors.

The team will be good with or without Rocco, but it appears in my mind, the team will reach their goal with Rocco being on the team next year. It's that simple.

If you think him leaving doesn't play a huge impact and disrupt next years team, you're delusional.

• Upvote 1

We do need Rocco next year. Just like we needed Brock Nelson the year when Knight and Kristo were seniors.

The team will be good with or without Rocco, but it appears in my mind, the team will reach their goal with Rocco being on the team next year. It's that simple.

If you think him leaving doesn't play a huge impact and disrupt next years team, you're delusional.

it plays a huge part. you lose your leading scorer off a team that struggled to score as it was, doesn't bode well for increasing scoring.

I agree that they don't have another guy who, by himself, can make things happen. Keeping him here would be a big deal.

Am I missing something here....we could have used Brock that year.

I love watching Rocco, but I agree that he would not be the biggest loss. I also firmly believe he is not NHL ready.

After watching a number of AHL teams, thank you Wild, I'm not sure how he'd fare in that league either. Lots of "up and down" players with names, contracts and missing teeth. Then again, Brian Gionta has done pretty well since his BC days.

I wonder if the fact that Florida just fired their interm coach plays into the decision.

The AHL coach was just put in place in November when Florida moved Holechek up to the panthers bench and now have relieved him.

I would think a Grimaldi would want to see a little of the path and type of direction the club will take.

If it was me I'd want to maybe hold on to all of my options... Including the potential of the FA option......to ensure I was able to be with a organization that gave me the best fit to get to the nhl ....if that was my goal

But that's just me

StayaSioux

“I felt I was ready for a new challenge in life,” Grimaldi said. “I loved my three years here. I played with a lot of great players, the coaches were awesome and the city is incredible. It’s definitely a place that I’ll come back to often. I can’t thank the coaches and my teammates enough for helping me. I feel like I’m ready for a new challenge.”

“When I leave, it won’t be the last time I’m here, that’s for sure,” Grimaldi said. “I’m in the Fighting Sioux family now. I know the people here will always support me and I will support this team forever.”

http://www.grandfork...i-signs-florida

• Upvote 1