SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Might be one this coming Monday at Jude's or longhail not sure yet. Tbd

Thanks, but the lack of updates sort of concerns me. Either (A) it doesn't look good for Rocco returning if he's taking this long or (B) you're not as connected as you say you are. I can't figure out which.

Thanks, but the lack of updates sort of concerns me. Either (A) it doesn't look good for Rocco returning if he's taking this long or (B) you're not as connected as you say you are. I can't figure out which.

Could be he's studying for finals and is enjoying some time off after a busy season. To be honest I'm not sure what the advantage to him leaving is? If he stays back another year he'll have more opportunity to not only develop into a key leadership role that will be very beneficial to him as a pro player later on. Not to mention putting on some much needed muscle. If we don't hear anything by the end of May I would start becoming concerned about it. But until then I wouldn't sweat it, were going to have a very good team next year regardless!

Could be he's studying for finals and is enjoying some time off after a busy season. To be honest I'm not sure what the advantage to him leaving is? If he stays back another year he'll have more opportunity to not only develop into a key leadership role that will be very beneficial to him as a pro player later on. Not to mention putting on some much needed muscle. If we don't hear anything by the end of May I would start becoming concerned about it. But until then I wouldn't sweat it, were going to have a very good team next year regardless!

Yeah, I'm not sweating Rocco's decision as much as I'm hoping that gfhockey isn't trying to pull the wool over our eyes about his good ol' boys connections. I'm glad we've got an insider and I hope he keeps delivering his inside info.

• Upvote 1

I expect Rocco to be gone. As noted by others, he's already been here 3 years. I seem to recall an interview on draft day where he expressed hope that he could move on to pro hockey within a year, or as quickly as possible.

With the possibility of free agency looming for him, as I understand it, I'm sure Florida will look to get him signed.

Finally, I'm one of those who think Rocco is actually ready to move on. I think he's the type of player who will thrive in a game that is even faster than the college game, and by playing with players who have a higher skill level than those he's presently with.

It'll be a big loss, but the program will survive. Always does.

• Upvote 1

I expect Rocco to be gone. As noted by others, he's already been here 3 years. I seem to recall an interview on draft day where he expressed hope that he could move on to pro hockey within a year, or as quickly as possible.

With the possibility of free agency looming for him, as I understand it, I'm sure Florida will look to get him signed.

Finally, I'm one of those who think Rocco is actually ready to move on. I think he's the type of player who will thrive in a game that is even faster than the college game, and by playing with players who have a higher skill level than those he's presently with.

Agree 100%

Disagree with him being ready to go and don't know that he will ever play in the NHL. I like Rocco and realize he has great skill and I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but I actually don't think losing him would really affect the team too much and of the guys who thought about leaving if one had to go pro he would be the one I would pick just because I think the others are more integral to the team next season.

I agree, I think he will most likely sign. I am indifferent as to whether he is ready to play pro hockey. The AHL is a very tough league, the nhl is a whole different monster. Most likely, Rocco will have a very productive career in Europe. That is not a knock, I have friends who play in Europe and make a very nice living financially.