SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

So Rocco is gone, time to move on ... mistake in my opinion, cuz I think there was still plenty of room for development, but money talks. Good luck to him.

Moving on ...

Who do we see coming in to take his place?

Nick Schmalz,so hopefully he's the Johny whatever his last name is

Good luck Rocco. Loved your hustle and passion and the speed and skill you brought to the lineup. You had the opportunity to become a Sioux legend if you choose to stay. Hope the chance to travel the AHL for a year or two is worth it.

Even with the loss I am excited as hell for next season. Great group of guys and leaders coming back and an exciting crop of new talent coming in. Long live college hockey and long live the Fighting Sioux!!!!!

Actually this was divulged at meeting on Monday. But whenever I break a storey I get too much crap. So in keeping my mouth shut

I'm not so sure I believe this, gfhockey. You let us down and now you're in CYA mode. I'm guessing if it would have come up at the good ol' boys meeting on Monday you'd have been out here letting us know. Did the good ol' boys not come through this time?

I'm not so sure I believe this, gfhockey. You let us down and now you're in CYA mode. I'm guessing if it would have come up at the good ol' boys meeting on Monday you'd have been out here letting us know. Did the good ol' boys not come through this time?

Better question to ask is why does the blogger here with the press pass never have a scope?

Actually this was divulged at meeting on Monday. But whenever I break a storey I get too much crap. So in keeping my mouth shut

Heard it was being discussed over horseracing this weekend, but there were no inside scoops at the time.

I just hope he is prepared to ride the buses in the AHL for 3-4 years, if not longer. Someone please tell me if you believe I am wrong about that.

I agree it is very hard for me to see him making the NHL anytime soon. I liked watching him play but I honestly don't think him leaving is really that big of loss. It never really seemed like he found the right fit here and I think a big part of that is because he can be kind of hard to play with because he is all over the place and not always were he is supposed to be. Even though I think he shoulda stayed another year and I don't think he was ready I still wish him the best of luck and hope he can someday crack an NHL lineup.

Nick was already coming in the Fall, I assume someone else will now step in to this open role. Any names that we weren't planning on seeing here in the Fall?

It is an interesting situation right now we probably sit at 14 forwards but it could be 15 if you can't Panzarella. I think they will go one of two ways depending on what they think the team for next season needs. If they believe they need a highly skilled guy I see Gersich coming in but if they feel Gersich needs another year of development and doesn't really fit the role they think they need to fill I could see them adding an older USHL guy or something like that

Rocco made everyone watch him. He was like a little oshie. A wizard with the pick. When Rocco had puck all eyes on him to see what he was going to doi.

Agree and get what you're saying with everyone watching him when he got the puck and really a buzz whenever he picked the puck up but he wasn't really anything like Oshie was in college. Oshie was a much better and more physical player and played well in every zone as well as being able to finish the chances he created himself.

Heard it was being discussed over horseracing this weekend, but there were no inside scoops at the time.

He is holed up in his basement having a "24" marathon......................

Rocco made everyone watch him. He was like a little oshie. A wizard with the pick. When Rocco had puck all eyes on him to see what he was going to doi.

Not even close to Oshie. Oshie could stickhandle around a player in a phone booth and the next shift put ya thru the boards. I give Rocco a 15 percent chance of being a regular in the NHL.

Nick was already coming in the Fall, I assume someone else will now step in to this open role. Any names that we weren't planning on seeing here in the Fall?

Yea i knew he was all ready coming in, i just hope he can be that impact player, like the guys they talk about on tv and actually come through