SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Rocco may become a great hockey player, but he's not there yet. Jeff Panzer was older, but as far as on-ice impact goes, he was on a different level than Rocco has shown to date. Panzer was, for my money, UND's best college player in the Blais/Hakstol era. Yes, better (in college) than one of the best forwards in the world. He knew where the puck was going and got there before everyone else, since he was also the fastest guy on the ice.

• Upvote 1

Rocco may become a great hockey player, but he's not there yet. Jeff Panzer was older, but as far as on-ice impact goes, he was on a different level than Rocco has shown to date. Panzer was, for my money, UND's best college player in the Blais/Hakstol era. Yes, better (in college) than one of the best forwards in the world. He knew where the puck was going and got there before everyone else, since he was also the fastest guy on the ice.

Jeff Panzer was flat-out amazing. Full strength, even strength, power-play, penalty-kill.....he was great at all of them. He did everything except play in goal. I sometimes would sit in the Old Ralph and just watch him, whether he had the puck or not. He was so smart and so talented. And yes, he was ROBBED of the Hobey Baker Award in 2001. If he had played on the East Coast, he would have won it. :angry:

• Upvote 3

No news other than a potential big donation coming up. Stay tuned boys girls.

I thought you were going to give us some news after the good ol' boys meeting at the Big Sioux this morning? C'mon gfhockey, give us the goods. What's the latest? Give us some inside info on this big donation - and we NEED to hear more on Rocco's decision.

Still at the meeting guys! They're giving us a 35min break for lunch...this is going to take awhile!

Topics being discussed: Rocco Decision 2014, ObamaCare, Miracle On Ice Controversy: Did the US actually have 8 players on the ice during Eruzione's GWG?, Fund set up to bring back Wilbur to ss.com, Big Oil's hesitance to accept the new hydrogen powered cars (fueled by Mr Fusion), and planned sequel to the movie Big Lebowski.

I'm sure even more will be discussed after lunch!

Isn't that the guy that calls into KFAN's "Bumper to Bumper" progrum and acts like he's drunk half the time?

Yup - big GB Packer fan. You could get lost in this stuff forever...

https://twitter.com/TheRealCarlG

Who exactly is Carl Gerbschmidt, and why is he always on KFAN (a sports talk radio station in Minneapolis-St. Paul)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ0sypPyYc4

I bit. I have never heard this before and I laughed so hard the person in the office next to me came over to see what was going on. Thanks for the laugh!

Do you guys want me make stuff up? Cause I can. I'm just stating what happend at the meeting. Also some aren't happy the way pres Kelley handlerd the sign controversy.

Are you asking - do we want you to make stuff up, or do we think that you make stuff up? Because the answer would be "no" in one case and "yes" in the other.