SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Do you guys want me make stuff up? Cause I can. I'm just stating what happend at the meeting. Also some aren't happy the way pres Kelley handlerd the sign controversy.

I would hope most, if not all of the "good ol boys" wouldn't be happy about the way he handled the situation because it was fairly obvious that was a shot at the nc$$.

Anyway I want to hear more about this big donation so get on it!

gfhockey is Carl Gerbschmidt.... Carl Gerbschmidt is gfhockey...... gfhockey is a Packers fan..... arrrggghhhhh

b49436b9120a4bc08a08dc4e9baf9ae0.jpg

Isn't Gerby Dan Cole? I had heard that it was Cole that was doing the Carl Gerbschmidt bit.

Isn't Gerby Dan Cole? I had heard that it was Cole that was doing the Carl Gerbschmidt bit.

Dan Cole and Gerbschmidt have talked over each other at times. I don't believe it's Dan Cole.

I was listening to an interview on Bumper-to-Bumper one time and Dan Barreiro was interviewing a buddy of his who writes for one of the Chicago fishwrappers. They basically let it slip that that guy (name escapes me) does the Gerbschmidt voice.

Dan Cole and Gerbschmidt have talked over each other at times. I don't believe it's Dan Cole.

I was listening to an interview on Bumper-to-Bumper one time and Dan Barreiro was interviewing a buddy of his who writes for one of the Chicago fishwrappers. They basically let it slip that that guy (name escapes me) does the Gerbschmidt voice.

I don't remember the name but I believe it is someone who works in the advertising or sales department there.

Yes I was listening the day they screwed up and called "Gerbschmidt" on air and the clear channel guys voicemail picked up.

It was a funny bit

unlike the boardmember here who is doing a bit on the gfhockey posts....

But its good for page hits and views I guess....that in itself should narrow down the list of suspected attempted comedians.

And yes, he was ROBBED of the Hobey Baker Award in 2001. If he had played on the East Coast, he would have won it. :angry:

Panzer was great and was the best forward in the country that year but the type of season he had has been done before and has been done since. What Miller did that season was truly historic. A .950 save percenatge? That's just crazy and we seriously may never see that again as long as we live. 1.32 GAA and 10, yes 10 shutouts? Had anyone other than Miller won the Hobey that year it would've been the biggest screw job ever. It would've been equal to Johnny Gaudreau not winning it this year.

Panzer was more than worthy of the award but Miller was the obvious and the only choice that year.

Panzer was great and was the best forward in the country that year but the type of season he had has been done before and has been done since. What Miller did that season was truly historic. A .950 save percenatge? That's just crazy and we seriously may never see that again as long as we live. 1.32 GAA and 10, yes 10 shutouts? Had anyone other than Miller won the Hobey that year it would've been the biggest screw job ever. It would've been equal to Johnny Gaudreau not winning it this year.

Panzer was more than worthy of the award but Miller was the obvious and the only choice that year.

And Stauber was more deserving than any of these guys?

Phil Berger, Northern Michigan

Rejean Boivin, Colgate

David Capuano, Maine

Nelson Emerson, Bowling Green

Mike Golden, Maine

Steve Johnson, North Dakota

Pete Lappin St. Lawrence

Paul Ranheim, Wisconsin

Mark Vermette, Lake Superior State

You are forgetting that Michigan State used a conservative trapping system, which cut down on the number of quality shots Miller faced. I maintain my position that if Panzer had played on the East Coast, he would have been handed the award on a silver platter. Chris Drury won the Hobey Baker in 1998 and his 1997 numbers were better! Gee, I wonder how that happened? :silly:

Bottom line is, the Hobey Baker is a subjective, political award that most players would trade for an NCAA title in a heartbeat (and that includes Ryan Duncan).

And Stauber was more deserving than any of these guys?

Phil Berger, Northern Michigan

Rejean Boivin, Colgate

David Capuano, Maine

Nelson Emerson, Bowling Green

Mike Golden, Maine

Steve Johnson, North Dakota

Pete Lappin St. Lawrence

Paul Ranheim, Wisconsin

Mark Vermette, Lake Superior State

What does Stauber have to do with this? He won the award in a different year with different candidates.

You are forgetting that Michigan State used a conservative trapping system, which cut down on the number of quality shots Miller faced. I maintain my position that if Panzer had played on the East Coast, he would have been handed the award on a silver platter. Chris Drury won the Hobey Baker in 1998 and his 1997 numbers were better! Gee, I wonder how that happened? :silly:

Bottom line is, the Hobey Baker is a subjective, political award that most players would trade for an NCAA title in a heartbeat (and that includes Ryan Duncan).

In 1987 I asked Tony what he would think if he didn't win the Hobey. He shrugged and said that would make it more of a joke than it is.
  • Upvote 1

That doesn't matter. I, for one, actually thought Miller deserved it too. Those numbers probably will never be repeated.

Don't get to dizzy spinning there. He was a goalie that can be questioned if he deserved it over the other finalists as easily as saying Miller deserved it more than Panzer which you just did.

Im not spinning anything. I never claimed Stauber was the clear cut winner that year, not once. In fact I was surprised he won it. But this has nothing to do with making the argument why Miller was the right choice.

Im not spinning anything. I never claimed Stauber was the clear cut winner that year, not once. In fact I was surprised he won it. But this has nothing to do with making the argument why Miller was the right choice.

The argument could as easily be made that someone else that year should have won. Just like you did with Miller and Panzer.

Came on here to check if anything new on Rocco has been heard and find a Jeff Panzer Hobey debate.

It's going to be a long summer :lol:

Well, if gfhockey would just give us the inside info that he has, we could put the Rocco watch to bed.

• Upvote 2