SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Rocco made everyone watch him. He was like a little oshie. A wizard with the pick. When Rocco had puck all eyes on him to see what he was going to doi.

Yes this opinion is completely off...shows a complete lack of knowledge about the subject. Wow. Absolutely nothing like a little Oshie.

Yes this opinion is completely off...shows a complete lack of knowledge about the subject. Wow. Absolutely nothing like a little Oshie.

Other than obvious differences like speed and size a major difference between the two is hands. Rocco has quick but stone hands. Oshie has quick soft hands.

howabout this upcoming season now. they struggled last year to score with him in the lineup, now what?

The team is one year older with some nice freshman coming in. They'll be alright. I think MN stays that far ahead of UND as it pertains to next year however our team will still be good.

Better question to ask is why does the blogger here with the press pass never have a scope?

Wow that was a good one there Watchmaker. How many times have you been banned now, under how many different names? I find it funny that the Mods have once again been made an ass out of. So, how long before you start threatening people and get banned again, this time?

Gee, I don't think any of the other credentialed member of the media really broke this one either. There are only X numbers of stories surrounding the team. On Rocco leaving, a press release came out, what this morning? Jason alerted the media and bloggers via email.

Wow that was a good one there Watchmaker. How many times have you been banned now, under how many different names? I find it funny that the Mods have once again been made an ass out of. So, how long before you start threatening people and get banned again, this time?

Gee, I don't think any of the other credentialed member of the media really broke this one either. There are only X numbers of stories surrounding the team. On Rocco leaving, a press release came out, what this morning? Jason alerted the media and bloggers via email.

Too much caffeine today? By allowing you to continue posting after numerous violations of the rules is what makes an ass out of them.

Too much caffeine today? By allowing you to continue posting after numerous violations of the rules is what makes an ass out of them.

First off, nope, I didn't drink enough today. What rule did I break WatchMaker? I am not threatening anyone with physical violence.

If Rocco gets paired with players who can compliment him he will do well - it never happened here & I don't think it was going to happen next yr - oh he would have no doubt of helped us get back to the FF but if he got hurt or did worse he may have not of had the best chance of proving his self - I too wish him the best - He will be one of those players we will always wonder what if ?

Would love to see him in NHL playoffs someday

God bless you Rocco

• Upvote 2

I know im just being a selfish Sioux fan but i would've expected a little more loyalty from a guy like Rocco. Slightly irritated but good luck to him even though i think he's going to be stuck in the AHL, hopefully he proves me wrong.

I think you are flat wrong in accusing him of any amount of disloyalty. Oshie, Toews, Parise, and on and on--all disloyal?

I'm grateful Rocco chose UND, and I hope he has great success at the next level. We were lucky to have him.

• Upvote 1

I think you are flat wrong in accusing him of any amount of disloyalty. Oshie, Toews, Parise, and on and on--all disloyal?

I'm grateful Rocco chose UND, and I hope he has great success at the next level. We were lucky to have him.

No offense but I think there's quite a difference between Rocco and the players you mentioned. Toews, Oshie, and Parise were all ready to go pro. Hell, we got Oshie for a bloody bonus year and Toews could've easily left after his freshman year. All three players were impact players while Rocco showed flashes of it but also disappeared in games as well.....

Plus they are 1st round picks. Their loyalty is weighed differently! Haha!

----------

With that said, adios Rocco. Too bad he's leaving early but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

• Upvote 2

Hahahahaha.

Nice attempt. :D

Pretty sweet system though. If he's wrong when he "breaks" something it's because he was using reverse psychology. If he isn't the first to bring something up, it's because he was withholding it. Can't lose.

I just hope he is prepared to ride the buses in the AHL for 3-4 years, if not longer. Someone please tell me if you believe I am wrong about that.

Who knows. Players in the A can make good money too. I'm over this. If I am in his position I may do the same thing too. I was really hoping he would stay too but when he came I was hoping for at least 2 years. He's technically been on campus for 3. Rocco plays at a high speed, he may put up the same numbers in the A. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt he'll have a long term career as an NHLer. If that doesn't work he'll still make good money in the A and then Europe.

Who knows. Players in the A can make good money too. I'm over this. If I am in his position I may do the same thing too. I was really hoping he would stay too but when he came I was hoping for at least 2 years. He's technically been on campus for 3. Rocco plays at a high speed, he may put up the same numbers in the A. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt he'll have a long term career as an NHLer. If that doesn't work he'll still make good money in the A and then Europe.

What is the max in the A?

No offense but I think there's quite a difference between Rocco and the players you mentioned. Toews, Oshie, and Parise were all ready to go pro. Hell, we got Oshie for a bloody bonus year and Toews could've easily left after his freshman year. All three players were impact players while Rocco showed flashes of it but also disappeared in games as well.....

Plus they are 1st round picks. Their loyalty is weighed differently! Haha!

----------

With that said, adios Rocco. Too bad he's leaving early but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Definitely agree those three played at a higher level.