SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

Exactly, he tried so hard to diminish the matchup! Basically "the excitement is the FF not the matchup" whatever dipshyt, the fans and players from BOTH teams know why the magnitude is there!

I would say he's trying to keep his team on an even keel, no need to build up nerves more than they already will be by talking the rivalry up.

• Upvote 1

Haven't posted in the hockey forum for some time now. Y'all know me as a Bison fan, and not a supporter of most anything related to UND. It's nothing personal with any of you, it just is what it is. However, I've been a Sioux hockey fan for about 14 years or so. I didn't bandwagon immediately following the 2000 title, but I do remember watching that game with some friends up in GF. I remember thinking of how tough it was to root for UND in anything, but I had been getting into hockey more and more leading up to that point. I was proud to be a ND kid and learned to hate the Gophers (like I learned to hate another school when I was growing up) and figured since NDSU didn't have hockey, there shouldn't be any reason I couldn't cheer for UND. Anywho, short story long, I still follow your hockey team pretty closely.

Looking forward to seeing them beat the Gophers in the FF, and maybe bringing #8 back to GF. I'll be watching it with a large group of friends that mostly went to MHD High, so naturally most of them are Gopher fans.

• Upvote 4

Haven't posted in the hockey forum for some time now. Y'all know me as a Bison fan, and not a supporter of most anything related to UND. It's nothing personal with any of you, it just is what it is. However, I've been a Sioux hockey fan for about 14 years or so. I didn't bandwagon immediately following the 2000 title, but I do remember watching that game with some friends up in GF. I remember thinking of how tough it was to root for UND in anything, but I had been getting into hockey more and more leading up to that point. I was proud to be a ND kid and learned to hate the Gophers (like I learned to hate another school when I was growing up) and figured since NDSU didn't have hockey, there shouldn't be any reason I couldn't cheer for UND. Anywho, short story long, I still follow your hockey team pretty closely.

Looking forward to seeing them beat the Gophers in the FF, and maybe bringing #8 back to GF. I'll be watching it with a large group of friends that mostly went to MHD High, so naturally most of them are Gopher fans.

I hope you have reason to be glad of your allegiance.

I have had like 3-4 gopher fans trying to give me crap about the game tomorrow....

dumb gopher fans

Invite them over. Tee up the Final Five game from March 16, 2012. Tell them it is the Frozen Four. Sounds like they wouldn't have a clue. Listen to them bark for a couple of periods, and then give them some rope.

The bottom end of the gene pool in the Gopher hockey fan base is a lot more watered down than the bottom end of the gene pool in the North Dakota hockey fan base.

My experience anyway. Nice to see that your spelling is improving.

• Upvote 3

Invite them over. Tee up the Final Five game from March 16, 2012. Tell them it is the Frozen Four. Sounds like they wouldn't have a clue. Listen to them bark for a couple of periods, and then give them some rope.

The bottom end of the gene pool in the Gopher hockey fan base is a lot more watered down than the bottom end of the gene pool in the North Dakota hockey fan base.

My experience anyway. Nice to see that your spelling is improving.

That would be great to pull off! Hilarious!

I have had like 3-4 gopher fans trying to give me crap about the game tomorrow....

dumb gopher fans

Was out at Joe Sensor's a few years ago for a Sioux game...FSN had just finished showing the Wild game and was now showing a REPLAY of that evening's Gopher game (the Gophers had already lost). Yep, you know where this is going...I knew that the Gophers had scored first and simply waited for it...right on cue, a couple of guys wearing Minnesota jerseys yell out loud and do a fist-bump when the Gophers scored. I could have told them that their team had lost...but figured it was more fun to have them waste their next two hours hoping for a Gopher W.

• Upvote 2

Moorhead grad right here, and you couldn't catch me dead cheering for the gophers.

A great No. 8 highlight stoneySIOUX!! Thanks for sharing. The clip in many ways best highlights the difference in the philosophies and practices of the two programs. That was a great night. As will next Thursday be a great night. Keep those highlights coming.

Will do! I've got 7 more to go :)

After reading the article in Wednesday's Herald about 'The Don' is back,I really want to see the Sioux come out strong on Thursday and show the rodents why they don't want to play us.Since they are the Yankees of college hockey and just breezed through their regional games and we struggled through ours,they are the substantial favorites.The article pretty much has the gophers coming home with the title.I know Forum communications owns the Herald but this BS can stay in the Star Tribune and not make it's way into the Herald.I would much rather read Brad's articles.

After reading the article in Wednesday's Herald about 'The Don' is back,I really want to see the Sioux come out strong on Thursday and show the rodents why they don't want to play us.Since they are the Yankees of college hockey and just breezed through their regional games and we struggled through ours,they are the substantial favorites.The article pretty much has the gophers coming home with the title.I know Forum communications owns the Herald but this BS can stay in the Star Tribune and not make it's way into the Herald.I would much rather read Brad's articles.

the rodents believe that they are americas team kind of like the dallas cowboys call themselves. Just the same odld arrogance ratched up a bit

Was out at Joe Sensor's a few years ago for a Sioux game...FSN had just finished showing the Wild game and was now showing a REPLAY of that evening's Gopher game (the Gophers had already lost). Yep, you know where this is going...I knew that the Gophers had scored first and simply waited for it...right on cue, a couple of guys wearing Minnesota jerseys yell out loud and do a fist-bump when the Gophers scored. I could have told them that their team had lost...but figured it was more fun to have them waste their next two hours hoping for a Gopher W.

You missed a great opportunity to take advantage of a couple stupid gopher fans. (Is that redundent?) Should have bet then a beer or two about the outcome of the game!! By the sounds of it they would have probably nfallen for it!! :lol: