SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

a trip to the woodshed is in order for this very arrogant minn squad

Hey, I hope we thump them to the tune of the 2005 game, but I have yet to see or hear any signs of overconfidence from their coaches and players. Some of you are trying to stir up drama where none exists.

Thank you for the credit, I did bring this up yesterday and asked Goon to post the link. What I find funny is Lou's grandson signed to play for Ohio. Should tell you something about Lou's pull with Minnesota :lol:

As mentioned one of his grandson's already plays for the U, and the other one chose not to go to the U. Didn't want to live with the comparison to his Grandpa, wanted to create his own reputation, which you gotta respect. I think overall he has Letieri at U of M, Nanne at Ohio St, and Nanne at RPI.

a trip to the woodshed is in order for this very arrogant minn squad

I'm not sure you can judge the team based off of a media sound bite from a booster. Nanne's job is to build up the program and recruit dollars, I doubt (hope) his attitude is reflected in the locker room.

The team has no reason to be arrogant, they only have one solid win in their past five games.

just seems to me that minn always thinks that they go pee pee in a better pot than everyone else. I guess that arrogance is what irritates me about them. I dont feel that way about any other team though

Really? I feel that way about DU and BC too! Go figure they all have relatively the same colors!

Really? I feel that way about DU and BC too! Go figure they all have relatively the same colors!

i really just feel that way about minn dont know if theres even a basis for it. B.c and denver not so much. I really respect the job jerry york has done at b c if you look back jerry york was the first to recognize that college hockey was moving to small speedy forwards and more mobile d for the ncaa tourney. The college game has moved from a whl style of game to more of a european style via the way games are called in the ncaa tourney imho

My wife is on the record for "If we can't win it, anyone but BC," to which I replied, "Gimme BC, just not the goofs!" I guess when it comes to the teams we dislike, there are lines drawn by each of us.

My wife is on the record for "If we can't win it, anyone but BC," to which I replied, "Gimme BC, just not the goofs!" I guess when it comes to the teams we dislike, there are lines drawn by each of us.

i think everyone has their own qualifications for not liking a team.

Gimme BC, just not the goofs!

Agreed, I don't like BC, mainly because they have dominated us too often in recent history. But I would much rather see them win it all, over the Goofers. Thats a whole different kind of rivalry; The last thing I want to hear (if we don't win it all) is Gopher fans chirpin. They're already so high and arrogant on their program (granted every program has some of those fans), but I'd prefer not to seem them close the gap between our teams on the number of NCAA titles.

i really just feel that way about minn dont know if theres even a basis for it. B.c and denver not so much. I really respect the job jerry york has done at b c if you look back jerry york was the first to recognize that college hockey was moving to small speedy forwards and more mobile d for the ncaa tourney. The college game has moved from a whl style of game to more of a european style via the way games are called in the ncaa tourney imho

I suppose mine is based on high amounts of interaction with both those fan bases...talk about arrogant!

My dislike scale:

#1. MN - no explanation needed

#2. BC/DU tie - BC for their utter dominance over us in recent memory and DU just because they seem to play us dirty and I just don’t like them

#4. Mich - just because

…all others

Gimme BC, just not the goofs!

Agreed, I don't like BC, mainly because they have dominated us too often in recent history. But I would much rather see them win it all, over the Goofers. Thats a whole different kind of rivalry; The last thing I want to hear (if we don't win it all) is Gopher fans chirpin. They're already so high and arrogant on their program (granted every program has some of those fans), but I'd prefer not to seem them close the gap between our teams on the number of NCAA titles.

Living in the Twin Cities.....anyone but the Goofs!

• Upvote 1

Wow. All this time I was excited the Sioux were going to Philly. I didn't realize it was actually Wisconsin that made it...

I'm pretty sure these were up before the weekend's regional tournaments were completed. They just picked four teams to show a sample of what items for sale would look like.

God I really dislike Lucia. Just acknowledge the intensity that this game will bring without any garbage behind it.

Exactly, he tried so hard to diminish the matchup! Basically "the excitement is the FF not the matchup" whatever dipshyt, the fans and players from BOTH teams know why the magnitude is there!