SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

I don't think we mind. I mean I was cheering for FSU last week. To me, this shows that pride in your own team is trumped by hate for us. That doesn't seem right, but hey... to each their own I guess. It's more important to UND fans that we lose than if you win.

OR NOT. I could care less what Minnesota does. But if they lose I won't get upset about it.

I don't think we mind. I mean I was cheering for FSU last week. To me, this shows that pride in your own team is trumped by hate for us. That doesn't seem right, but hey... to each their own I guess. It's more important to UND fans that we lose than if you win.

Yeah, I think you're good calling out a link on your own team's board with your opinion. Post it on USCHO? Then maybe it's trolling, but still completely okay to do. :)

you are saying your cheering for FSU shows YOUR hate trumps YOUR pride. Good for you.

I know it's a Minnesota viewpoint since the U made it, but it's still a pretty sweet video that can be used for this week.

Blows my mind that anyone could want a 4 year break from the rivalry after watching videos like these, these games are a blast.

I'm looking forward to Thursday but it's all about the title now, rivalry takes a backseat in my opinion. No time for parades to the penalty box.

• Upvote 2

Blows my mind that anyone could want a 4 year break from the rivalry after watching videos like these, these games are a blast.

I'm looking forward to Thursday but it's all about the title now, rivalry takes a backseat in my opinion. No time for parades to the penalty box.

we gotta play disciplined most of the pressure will be on the rodents. If goth plays solid and gives us a chance to win i like our chances

you are saying your cheering for FSU shows YOUR hate trumps YOUR pride. Good for you.

so my rooting for FSU is the same as the loudest REA has ever been was in a game NOT being played by UND? Not even close. you can cheer against the gophers all you want but why is the loudest game at REA not a UND game? I have pride in my team first. Rooting against other teams is ALWAYS second and have never been that invested in a game not including the Gophers. So good for you in not having a point.

• Upvote 1

so my rooting for FSU is the same as the loudest REA has ever been was in a game NOT being played by UND? Not even close. you can cheer against the gophers all you want but why is the loudest game at REA not a UND game? I have pride in my team first. Rooting against other teams is ALWAYS second and have never been that invested in a game not including the Gophers. So good for you in not having a point.

In your expert opinion on having pride for your own team first, where does trolling a rival message board rank?

One more thing...the REA was quite loud for two other games not involving the Sioux that I can recall - WJC Christmas Day USA/Russia and the gold medal game full of crazy Canadians.

Easily the loudest game I have heard at The Ralph is the World Juniors Championship game between Canada and Russia. Russia had Ovechkin and Canada had Crosby. This is no contest because the WJC allows bullhorns, air horns, and other noise makers into the stands. Combine that with Canadian insanity at the game, and it is the winner. The obscenities and other verbal abuse hurled at Ovechkin and the Russian team was unbelievable. I was at the HC4 MN3 game and the following UND-MI game. I am not sure you can separate those two games, because the noise from the OT winner by Holy Cross carried right through the intermission to the second game.

so my rooting for FSU is the same as the loudest REA has ever been was in a game NOT being played by UND?

You said as much in you previous post. So then you are claiming to be grammatically challenged? It must require a wealth of school pride to troll this website. Or more likely, another gopher troll too stupid to actually have graduated from the University of Minnesota. Go back home and stroke your National American University diploma.

University of Minnesota alum, '96

Sorry bud but the loudest game ever in the Ralph didn't include your team or holy cross. Hate to burst your bubble. Unfortunately it didn't involve und either. It was Canada vs Russia during the world juniors.

I wasn't at those games, so my No. 6 still stands in my mind. I'm guessing this is more a take at Tiggsy more than I, but just thought I'd defend my reasoning a bit.

Also, Tiggsy, do you think that the fact that No. 1 lost to No. 16 had anything to do with it? Maybe that it was in OT? C'mon, dude. Get over your Minnesota "holier than thou" bullsnot.

I wasn't at those games, so my No. 6 still stands in my mind. I'm guessing this is more a take at Tiggsy more than I, but just thought I'd defend my reasoning a bit.

Also, Tiggsy, do you think that the fact that No. 1 lost to No. 16 had anything to do with it? Maybe that it was in OT? C'mon, dude. Get over your Minnesota "holier than thou" bullsnot.

Correct. Sorry should have quoted her.

And nice work with your blog!

Anyone have video of the Sioux - gopher game a few years back in the frozen five tourney when the Sioux were down 3-0 and Hak called that time out and we scored 5 unanswered goals to win? If so post it please.

It's a snappy tv thing. Google snappy tv, plus gophers-fighting sioux-final five. Should get all the goal highlights from both teams.

I was in grand forks visiting the weekend holy cross beat the gophers. We were drinking at some bar at a hotel watching the game. We weren't staying at the hotel but we knew the bar tender. Anyway a bunch of the holy cross parents were staying there and after the game a few players and their parents came into the bar to standing ovations (they were all decked out in HC gear). I tried buying one of the HC players a drink but he didn't take it, so i bought his parents drinks. The whole place was slapping all the parents and players on the back and buying them drinks, it was a riot.

• Upvote 1

Not sure how everyone else fees, but I'm not worried at all about the NoDak game...which is in stark contrast to how I felt in past match-ups against them. I've NEVER felt this confident about a Gophers squad going into a playoff game against NoDak. Heck, I was nervous about playing them on their home ice before the puck dropped against Holy Cross. Yeah, I said it - I was looking ahead and you can bet your @$$ our boys were, too. WE all were. And that was a STACKED team we had back then.

Drop the puck and let's effing embarrass the $#1t outta the Whioux and their slaphappy jackbag fans. I will go on record and guarantee a win by the Gophers, and it won't even be close. The only thing I'm wondering: at what point during the game will the Whioux start getting chippy (note: when, not "if") and begin taking runs/cheap shots on our guys (smart money: about 4 minutes into the 3rd after we score our 5th goal to make it a 5-1 game). This is why there isn't any real 'analysis' - there really isn't anything to fear. It's our tournament to lose. #tArrogance

/drops mic

Courtesy of Dances with Gophers over at GPL...enjoy!