SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

Exactly, look back to when they blew out Miami, they were taking quick one times and getting good traffic in front of the net. Havn't seen many one time shots from the D recently, they get the puck and hold it until someone it right in their face. Hope they can make some of the small changes before next week. AND get healthy, heal up the guys so every can give their all.

low shots on wilcox and crash the net hard he gives up juicy rebounds on low shots. Gopher d will push our forwards into wilcox and get him off his game. Rumple never did get on his game after chyzyk got pushed into him.

I hope Hak makes a BIG point to the guys that we have to avoid dumb penalties (I'm sure he will); can't give MN the powerplay advantage. That would be an easy way to hand them the momentum. Emotional game, Emotional Rivalry; can't get too emotional in the wrong situations.

• Upvote 1

Look at the body of work over the season and the way the teams played their regional finals, I'd say he's dead on. But as recent history has shown us, it's anybody's for the taking.

Exactly. Put 4 teams together and one of them looks best on paper and one of them looks worst. Hard to argue that UND isn't the least best of the last 4 teams standing. Someone has to be. Doesn't mean it's an automatic win for the gophers, but what's wrong with calling a spade a spade?

History is full of lower seeds beating higher seeds (and vice versa). We just have to hope it will happen again!

• Upvote 1

Exactly. Put 4 teams together and one of them looks best on paper and one of them looks worst. Hard to argue that UND isn't the least best of the last 4 teams standing. Someone has to be. Doesn't mean it's an automatic win for the gophers, but what's wrong with calling a spade a spade?

History is full of lower seeds beating higher seeds (and vice versa). We just have to hope it will happen again!

True, I think the annoying part is Lou seems to make this kind of comments too often. Like I said earlier in the thread, I would never say something like "we lucked out and got the easiest road to the title game" ... There is no easy way to the title game in any frozen four. If you play yourself into the F4, other teams should consider you dangerous.

Whatever, I just hope the boys show them the path is a little more difficult that Lou thinks.

http://www.collegeho...ings_change.php

Expletive chants with our former nickname. ... and the gopher fans try to lecture UND on class? Oh, and try to act like you are really glad the rivalry isn't going to miss a year Lucia. Talk about two faced.

Wasn't he the one that said the rivalry needed a cooling off period? He's a good coach, but seriously what a joke.

Former Minnesota North Stars and Golden Gophers great Lou Nanne was on KFAN with Dan Barreiro Monday and he had some interesting things to say the Frozen Four. Apparently, Lou seems to think that the Gophers are going to roll through the Frozen Four. (26.30 mark)

"I think that we lucked out," Nanne said. "We definitely got the easiest road, playing North Dakota. Not that North Dakota is a bad team. But they're definitely the weakest team of the four. I think we lucked out because Union is playing Boston College."

Thanks for doing what I asked you to in yesterdays post. I think Lou is delusional as usual

Someone already brought this up....and it is still accurate.

Thank you for the credit, I did bring this up yesterday and asked Goon to post the link. What I find funny is Lou's grandson signed to play for Ohio. Should tell you something about Lou's pull with Minnesota :lol:

a trip to the woodshed is in order for this very arrogant minn squad

I am going to let the chips fall where they land. UND is very capable of beating any of the teams in the tourney. They also could be beat... No clue how this one ends. There's some similar comparisons that seem to 1997, but also 2000, but also to last year's NCAA champion Yale. Like told my brother-in-law, the team has already over achieved a bit this season. Anything is a bonus right now.

I am going to let the chips fall where they land. UND is very capable of beating any of the teams in the tourney. They also could be beat... No clue how this one ends. There's some similar comparisons that seem to 1997, but also 2000, but also to last year's NCAA champion Yale. Like told my brother-in-law, the team has already over achieved a bit this season. Anything is a bonus right now.

just seems to me that minn always thinks that they go pee pee in a better pot than everyone else. I guess that arrogance is what irritates me about them. I dont feel that way about any other team though
  • Upvote 1