SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

Anyone else hear what Lou Nanne had to say on KFAN about Minnesota drawing UND, This guy knows hockey, but talk about a Minnesota Gopher apologist. To paraphrase him, "We got the easier draw" was basically what he said. I hope that Minnesota feels this way too. Goon, I know you are great at adding media, anyway you can attach his conversation with Berrero at about 5:20 today on kfan?

Anyone else hear what Lou Nanne had to say on KFAN about Minnesota drawing UND, This guy knows hockey, but talk about a Minnesota Gopher apologist. To paraphrase him, "We got the easier draw" was basically what he said. I hope that Minnesota feels this way too. Goon, I know you are great at adding media, anyway you can attach his conversation with Berrero at about 5:20 today on kfan?

Well. They did.

Well. They did.

Agreed. Not saying that the Sioux have no shot or that it would be a cakewalk for the gophers to win. But, pairwise speaking, you have three 1-seeds and a 4-seed. Whoever plays the 4-seed technically got the easier draw.

Agreed. Not saying that the Sioux have no shot or that it would be a cakewalk for the gophers to win. But, pairwise speaking, you have three 1-seeds and a 4-seed. Whoever plays the 4-seed technically got the easier draw.

Technically they did, but I'm not sure I personally feel a big rivalry game is an easier draw. But I'm not surprised this is the attitude in MSP.

Gotta beat everybody. I have a better feeling about UND playing Minnesota than I would about UND playing BC. Minnesota is the top team in the country, but I think UND matches up a helluva lot better with them than BC.

Its going to be interesting. Depends on which Minnesota and which North Dakota show up. Hopefully its the Ohio State Minnesota team, and the Wisconsin UND team.

Gotta beat everybody. I have a better feeling about UND playing Minnesota than I would about UND playing BC. Minnesota is the top team in the country, but I think UND matches up a helluva lot better with them than BC.

Its going to be interesting. Depends on which Minnesota and which North Dakota show up. Hopefully its the Ohio State Minnesota team, and the Wisconsin UND team.

This is exactly how I see it. Both teams skidded into the tourney, both came through and neither has to face BC in the semis. Everyone should be happy. Now they just have to make a game plan and see who has the better legs and better goalie. Sconnie and Ferris had great teams, UND beat them both. Nobody will be looking past the Sioux.

This is exactly how I see it. Both teams skidded into the tourney, both came through and neither has to face BC in the semis. Everyone should be happy. Now they just have to make a game plan and see who has the better legs and better goalie. Sconnie and Ferris had great teams, UND beat them both. Nobody will be looking past the Sioux.

Oh, I bet some will, but that's okay.

Anyone else hear what Lou Nanne had to say on KFAN about Minnesota drawing UND, This guy knows hockey, but talk about a Minnesota Gopher apologist.

Nanne doesn't know squat...he didn't even think Eruzione was good enough to make 1980 USA Olympic team. ;)

• Upvote 1

Every Sioux and Gopher fan should be happy how this turned out, playing each other at the Frozen Four. Ignore the jerk fans from both sides. The game history between these two teams is the stuff of stories and legends. Both sides have triumphed, only to lose to the other a week or two later in the NCAA's. (Cue Holy Cross, Wheeler, Porter, and on and on and on).

UM looked good against St. Cloud, but I don't think St. Cloud ever fully recovered after UND potted five goals in one period a few weeks ago. That simply had to bruise their ego and confidence to the core. RMU also gave UM more of a run than people expected once they got going. It was simply too late by then.

UND looked very good against Wisconsin, but not so good against Ferris State. It could have been hangover from the Wisconsin battle or it could have been Ferris State or both.

Both teams should be well rested, focused and ready to go. Both teams have highly mobile defense, and both teams have good goaltending. Both teams have earned the respect of the other. Let's hope the fans do the same.

Go Fighting Sioux! Beat the Gophers.

• Upvote 1