SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

USD had the choice on the table, Big Sky or Summit/Valley. They had both in hand, and it wasn't a hard choice for them. Why is that? If you think that any one of the 4 dakota schools couldn't have signed on with the Big Sky in 2010, you are an idiot.

Of the 5 former NCC schools still playing football that moved to Division I, USD is the only school that was offered the choice of playing football in the Big Sky or the MVFC. That university chose the Big Sky Conference. It was then over-ruled by its state Board of Regents.

• Upvote 2

Kind of like when you said UND would never go DI and, if they did, UND would never get in the Big Sky.

I got all kinds of grief from Bisonville on that, and you were one of the lead cheerleaders. I was right in the end, as always.

The response from Bisonville will be an historic meltdown of the interwebs when UND goes FBS and NDSU is left behind. I can practically hear the wailing and nashing of bison teeth!!!

Boy do you like to throw shcaat around. I didn't even know about this forum or BV back then, but, your right (or is it correct) as always. I believe I have finally found a forum poster who is worse than LakesBison. Good god almight!!

What he says:

I'm not going to provide anything, as you NDSU fans would start a letter writing campaign to the NCAA to stop the Big Sky. Best you stay your normal clueless.

What he means:

I don't actually have any documentation to back up my claims, I'm just throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks.

I love how full of posts from Bison trolls this thread has in it....how about you guys go back to Loserville and keep talking about how much you guys have moved on and don't care about us anymore.

I used to live in El Forko, no intentions on ever calling that place home again. #ImperialCass

And it had a Big Sky offer in hand.

YET decided the best place for their crappy low budget program was the mvfc and the slummit - seems like they found their perfect HOME!! low rent facilities and poor quality competition. When you're welcoming ORAL ROBERTS back into the fold, time to leave the tent brothers! :devil::hypocrite::whistling:

• Upvote 2

YET decided the best place for their crappy low budget program was the mvfc and the slummit - seems like they found their perfect HOME!! low rent facilities and poor quality competition. When you're welcoming ORAL ROBERTS back into the fold, time to leave the tent brothers! :devil::hypocrite::whistling:

You know oral Bob is generally pretty solid right?

What effect do you think the current unionization efforts of college athletes and the case against the NCAA to pay players a commensurate salary when playing college sports will have potentially on the scenario above...does it hurt the prospect of pushing into FBS or aid us in rationalizing the move to the FBS or does it have no effect at all on this potential opportunity?

http://college-football.si.com/2014/03/17/ncaa-antitrust-lawsuit-jeffrey-kessler/

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40040605?uid=3739768&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21103790897363

What effect do you think the current unionization efforts of college athletes and the case against the NCAA to pay players a commensurate salary when playing college sports will have potentially on the scenario above...does it hurt the prospect of pushing into FBS or aid us in rationalizing the move to the FBS or does it have no effect at all on this potential opportunity?

http://college-football.si.com/2014/03/17/ncaa-antitrust-lawsuit-jeffrey-kessler/

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40040605?uid=3739768&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21103790897363

Ndsu and und would have a hard time paying for that I reckon.

The City of Grand Forks thanks you.

C'mon, you know if you hang the curve and it gets taken for the big fly. :D

Perhaps the city and the university need to get on the same page.... Got a lot of stuff in the mail from the school...

Alls I know is I hate the bison and UND better start winning in everything and they better start doing it soon. I want to stomp them in every single sport and academics across the board.

I am with you on that. And it's going to get harder and harder the longer it takes to become competitive again in FB and MBB. I think Bubba is the man to get it done; I am quickly losing faith in Jones.

Gene's got a dream, and he'll probably make it happen. Seems everything he touches is turning to gold. Maybe his real name is "Genie," and Saul and Craig started rubbing his lamp about 5 years ago for "the sports that really matter," as they say down south.

Interesting. Discuss.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24495371/north-dakota-states-big-success-leading-toward-a-big-decision

Gene's got a dream, and he'll probably make it happen. Seems everything he touches is turning to gold. Maybe his real name is "Genie," and Saul and Craig started rubbing his lamp about 5 years ago for "the sports that really matter," as they say down south.

Interesting. Discuss.

http://www.cbssports...-a-big-decision

Hats off to NDSU, they have capitalized on their success and made a very good case as to why they are the pride of North Dakota. UND athletics have been very disappointing this year (women's basketball excluded). I wonder how much this year will hurt the perception and support of UND athletics in the state? It won't be good, that's for sure.

Alls I know is I hate the bison and UND better start winning in everything and they better start doing it soon. I want to stomp them in every single sport and academics across the board.

You are in a different conference. In reality, we are no longer competing in a meaningful way. Do the best you can in the Big Sky. Games vs NDSU are kinda meaningless, and there's no FB. Not sure how winning vs NDSU matters. NDSU is doing there own thing. Winning vs SDSU, USD, Denver, UNI (FB) matter for Bison. Games vs Big Sky, not really. Conf & post season matter.

You want to compete with NDSU? Can't do it in the BSC.

Interesting. Discuss.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24495371/north-dakota-states-big-success-leading-toward-a-big-decision

Athletic budget is $17 million and annual giving to the NDSU foundation is $16 million? Maybe but it is either wrong or misleading. Maybe that is what the school gets total for year but it is not what is designated for athletics. Last I saw, it is at least 4x what team Teammakers brings in.

You are in a different conference. In reality, we are no longer competing in a meaningful way. Do the best you can in the Big Sky. Games vs NDSU are kinda meaningless, and there's no FB. Not sure how winning vs NDSU matters. NDSU is doing there own thing. Winning vs SDSU, USD, Denver, UNI (FB) matter for Bison. Games vs Big Sky, not really. Conf & post season matter.

You want to compete with NDSU? Can't do it in the BSC.

I love how head to head no longer matters. I highly doubt that Kentucky/Louisville or Auburn/Alabama or other instate rival fans feel the same...unless you are the team losing. Yup FU mens BB had a great season I could almost root for them if it wasnt for their trolls