SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

10 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

More on NC A&T moving to FBS.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/ncat/moving-up-if-a-t-is-serious-about-a-jump/article_827dbab1-2c76-5188-a08b-74d2ebf6946a.html

Think A&T would join the ASun and that whole league would go FBS after they added James Madison, Delaware, Stony Brook, Albany, Jacksonville St, E Kentucky and others.  Kennesaw St would go too, and  UNA, UNF and FGCU want a spot in an FBS league.

A&T only has about 40% of the athletic budget of UND, but posters here think I’m crazy to say UND is going FBS.

Saw Albany just scheduled NDSU and Delaware and Weber St had too.  UND has scheduled Sam Houston St, Lamar, Stony Brook, and Missouri St which are all IMHO going FBS before the CFP contract change.

Ahhhhh   No where in that article did it say they were moving up.   Albany and NDSU??? Have a link????

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Ahhhhh   No where in that article did it say they were moving up.   Albany and NDSU??? Have a link????

Look at the title of the thread YOU started.  Proof you have zero credibility and are just making stuff up as it goes.  Literally NONE of your ridiculous predictions have ever come true.

23 hours ago, Herd said:

Boy . . . I'm on the edge of my chair waiting for that Split, cause y'all know that that split thing is coming.    You know, that Split that no one really knows anything about even though they act like they do.   Ya that one, and boy I'm on the edge of chair in anticipation of that ole split thing.  Cause ya know, I don't want to get left behind and stuff.   Ya, I've got my eyes peeled waitin for that split that coming sometime between now and never.   On the edge of my chair man!

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Guess the post was too long for you, so I will give you the readers digest version.

I am not advocating a split. The point of this post is that G5 FBS is not a better destination the FCS unless there is a playoff system in place. It was about the futility of going undefeated in G5, even if it is 2 years in a row, like Central Florida. And that March Madness is more national exposure than a pre-Christmas bowl game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Look at the title of the thread YOU started.  Proof you have zero credibility and are just making stuff up as it goes.  Literally NONE of your ridiculous predictions have ever come true.

I think you replied to the wrong person.

10 hours ago, zonadub said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Guess the post was too long for you, so I will give you the readers digest version.

I am not advocating a split. The point of this post is that G5 FBS is not a better destination the FCS unless there is a playoff system in place. It was about the futility of going undefeated in G5, even if it is 2 years in a row, like Central Florida. And that March Madness is more national exposure than a pre-Christmas bowl game.

Agree with you on all your points.  Just pointing out that waiting for a split is like waiting for Sasquatch to be captured.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a link from ESPN about Montana wanting FBS when the FBS WAC was falling apart.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=5792840

Montana St didn’t have the capacity then nor the sports, so they effectively blocked it.  Their State Board wants to see those two in the same conference, so the Griz move was stopped.  Montana St suddenly expanded their stadium capacity, but the FBS WAC was soon gone.  Both Montanas have continued to elevate their prospective FBS facilities.  If they get a conference going by 2025, the economics will change big time if they are included in the CFP.

There is support within Montana admin and now Montana St admin too for FBS, no matter what the nimrods here say.  NDSU and SDSU want it internally too, as they won’t get another FBS conference bid.  UND has to follow or get left behind playing Dixie St, SUU, Ind St, and Idaho St

• 1 year later...