SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Good for heard immunity.

2 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

That's HERD immunity - not like you heard there were a lot of people crowded together spreading disease.   Just to be clear.

He herd you the first time, gfNDfan!  :D

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t know who is making the decisions at Altru but whoever made the decision to cut one floor and then to put construction on hold needs to be gone.

interest rates are low and this needs to be finished asap

i would like to know the costs of doing those 2 things as opposed to finishing the project as planned 

paying interest on a project on hold and more architect fees

40 minutes ago, Kab said:

Don’t know who is making the decisions at Altru but whoever made the decision to cut one floor and then to put construction on hold needs to be gone.

interest rates are low and this needs to be finished asap

i would like to know the costs of doing those 2 things as opposed to finishing the project as planned 

paying interest on a project on hold and more architect fees

interest rates for altru aren’t low. There rating has been downgraded a few times 

sinole economics 

bad credit higher rate

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, crb1 said:

Disappointed to see Bo is keeping Feland on. I felt he needed to go as well. I hope that changes. https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/6540948-Bochenski-begins-process-of-molding-style-staff-at-City-Hall

should've replaced him the terry bjerke...then we would see some changes.

4 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

Eddie Bauer evicted from Columbia Mall. What's Cooking has also closed in the food court, leaving only El Gordito for food in the mall. Victoria's Secret and Pink also closed this week.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/6545811-Clothing-store-Eddie-Bauer-evicted-from-Columbia-Mall

So the mall is basically Scheels and.........

59 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So the mall is basically Scheels and.........

I have a theory the only reason current ownership still has the mall is to pad their numbers on number of square feet owned nationwide.

Used this data as leverage to secure loans for other pursuits. 

Scheels and JC Penny likely pay just enough rent to keep it a float

7 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I have a theory the only reason current ownership still has the mall is to pad their numbers on number of square feet owned nationwide.

Used this data as leverage to secure loans for other pursuits. 

Scheels and JC Penny likely pay just enough rent to keep it a float

Scheels owns its space. 

Columbia mall ideas (not good ones,  just spitballing) 

Indoor dog park and track that people and their pets can use

Inline hockey half or full size hockey rink, which can also be used for lacrosse and indoor co-ed soccer. 

Build a patio with fire pits somewhere to be an add-on for the mall. Don't need liquor or a restaurant per se. Give the people who don't have access to a lake place a fun place to sit with friends, play board games, adult Jenga, large enough grass space to play a few courts for spike ball. Add a few pickelball courts etc. Add two outdoor volleyball courts too. Inside, add 4-6 pool tables and pin ball machines etc.

Super random ideas, Bo - give me call, I'll get the creative ideas flowing. :D

my 2 cents...

build matching 10 story condos in the middle of Macy's and Sears...the remaining roofs would be rooftop gardens so the condo owners aren't looking down at all concrete...the rest of the mainfloor indoor space is indoor parking and storage and obviously a main entrance and maybe a inhouse fitness center? (macy's facing the ground round)...sears the old automotive entrance)...