SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

165 jobs per year in a MSA population around 105,000....unbelievably frighteningly poor. And I really hope that’s net. Either way holy crap 

Peers are creating 5x that right here in ND and even 10x that in Fargo’s case. What’s GF’s excuse? 

The amazon deal they let fall through alone costed them more than 660 jobs in one swipe. Despicable. It’s honestly as if the city of GF is actually pushing hard to deter growth and development. Even an extremely lazy and passive group of leadership in their place could’ve had enough opportunities fall into their lap over the past 4 years to produce more than 660 jobs in this market. It’s honestly appears like there is a large effort to stop anything new from happening. Are most of the city council members and city leadership team business owners? Do they screen out all of the opportunities to make sure it won’t negatively affect their personal income? Did I hear it correctly that NO ONE on the council got challenged for their spot? If so, what the hell kind of corrupt good ole boys club is going on in forks? Amazing to see for a city of that size 

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I can’t open it because even the GFH is apparently holding on by a thread. What’s it say and what’s the EDC? 

The EDC is Grand Forks Economic Development arm.  The article was a study that shows a drastic drop in retail activity, but did grow 660 manufacturing jobs in six years, median incomes by $5,000, and they city has a high "location quotient" in some manufacturing sectors 

6 hours ago, northernraider said:

The EDC is Grand Forks Economic Development arm.  The article was a study that shows a drastic drop in retail activity, but did grow 660 manufacturing jobs in six years, median incomes by $5,000, and they city has a high "location quotient" in some manufacturing sectors 

Thanks for explaining. Wow that’s comical. Clean house 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

thought i heard that it's a done deal to do a assisted living, older person health care christian base health something...was confused but i thought it was a done deal.

This is not the case according to the Pastor Paul Knight.