SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Fargo gets an Amazon warehouse, Grand Forks a Sanitation expansion...sometimes jokes write themselves 

I do think Amazon will have a warehouse in most metros eventually. I thought I read they are planning 1,000 of them. Grand Forks is the 356th largest metro in the country, so it's possible. I know Columbia Mall has availability.  

4 hours ago, northernraider said:

Fargo gets an Amazon warehouse, Grand Forks a Sanitation expansion...sometimes jokes write themselves 

Are you surprised a major regional city gets major companies to build there?

Fargo is 3rd largest metro in the five state region: Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming.

When your buddies introduce you to their wives do you compare them to Ivanka Trump?

"Grand Forks gets a Northrup Grumman. Bemidji gets a McDonalds....sometimes the jokes write themselves."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Are you surprised a major regional city gets major companies to build there?

Fargo is 3rd largest metro in the five state region: Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming.

When your buddies introduce you to their wives do you compare them to Ivanka Trump?

"Grand Forks gets a Northrup Grumman. Bemidji gets a McDonalds....sometimes the jokes write themselves."

Damn, struck a nerve..chill

FYI, Sioux Falls is also getting an Amazon warehouse. 

Additionally, there are plenty of cities smaller than Grand Forks that have Amazon warehouses. 

2 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Damn, struck a nerve..chill

FYI, Sioux Falls is also getting an Amazon warehouse. 

Additionally, there are plenty of cities smaller than Grand Forks that have Amazon warehouses. 

walmart's new subscription service will put amazon out of business in 10 years

16 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Wow that’s great news. This is the first legitimate new business moving to GF that I’ve seen in quite a long time. Hopefully there are more drone companies to follow. 

I can’t read the article so can someone tell me how many employees are expected? 

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wow that’s great news. This is the first legitimate new business moving to GF that I’ve seen in quite a long time. Hopefully there are more drone companies to follow. 

I can’t read the article so can someone tell me how many employees are expected? 

It didn't say. I was curious about that as well. We'll see if there's any follow-up.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Whatever happen to the plans to turn the apartments on Demars & 2nd into a botique hotel like the HoDo?

Grand Forks could really use some type of small hotel downtown, especially with the event center opening in the near future

35 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Whatever happen to the plans to turn the apartments on Demars & 2nd into a botique hotel like the HoDo?

Grand Forks could really use some type of small hotel downtown, especially with the event center opening in the near future

Yes, hard to imagine downtown without a hotel. Wasn't the new event center going be part hotel? I read not too long ago that event center is on hold, though..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Ground broken for a large commercial development at 40th & Columbia.

Sign says "Koda Bank" coming soon.  Had never heard of it, but it appears to be a small-town rural bank.

KodaBank is located mostly in rural NW ND/NE MN places like Cavalier and Stephen. They recently merged with Citizen State Bank Midwest so they have a branch in Bemidji as well. 

No idea what "Peak Bank" is, but Grand Forks has to be pushing it. 

• Upvote 1