SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

4 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Are we sure Kuda Bank isn’t just the bank funding the new build? I’m assuming we all know that’s common for the bank who’s financing the build to put up their sign at the build site but just thought I’d ask haha 

I thought of that as well, but the sign literally reads "Coming Soon" and there's a rendering of the finished structure with a Koda Bank sign on it.

It does appear to be a multi-use office building, so the bank branch would likely be just be one occupant.

• Upvote 1

The Lights is at Sheyenne and 32nd Ave S in West Fargo.

This image is old so you only see dirt: https://www.google.com/maps/place/West+Fargo,+ND/@46.8345167,-96.9077345,1053m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x52cf34bb7797e871:0xb83bd0531febdbda!8m2!3d46.8769487!4d-96.8999057 

The image you see at the start of the video is looking east into the concert area and courtyard (you're hovering over the WF schools ice rink). 

The biggest knock I've heard so far is concern noise affecting neighboring developments. 

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Lights is at Sheyenne and 32nd Ave S in West Fargo.

This image is old so you only see dirt: https://www.google.com/maps/place/West+Fargo,+ND/@46.8345167,-96.9077345,1053m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x52cf34bb7797e871:0xb83bd0531febdbda!8m2!3d46.8769487!4d-96.8999057 

The image you see at the start of the video is looking east into the concert area and courtyard (you're hovering over the WF schools ice rink). 

The biggest knock I've heard so far is concern noise affecting neighboring developments. 

You could say the same about a Highschool football game with the loud speaker. A good solution is to get out and go to the events.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You could say the same about a Highschool football game with the loud speaker. A good solution is to get out and go to the events.

HS football is done by about 10 pm.
These neighboring folks were listening to a concert after midnight on a weeknight (think: work in the morning). 

Nothing here that can't be solved by scheduling. 

https://www.google.com/search?q="The+Lights"+noise+west+fargo&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS891US891&oq="The+Lights"+noise+west+fargo&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30i457.5838j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

assuming that the parcel of green lawn that abuts demers belongs to the townhouse owners...if they can keep the noise over there that would help. plus it would look nice for people coming down the overpass and seeing that on their left.

cam tweten still the owner ofthe group that bought the townhouse?

4 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Where'd you see this? Would look good on that corner of DeMers

As others have pointed out. It's the lights in west fargo just photoshopped.

Knoxradio.com

Article also talked about the request for housing complex at memorial stadium site on campus.

I took these pics standing in parking lot of GC Bank - 501 Demers Ave GF

Accross DeMers Ave, Hugo's will be on main floor. Offices and appartments above.

IMG_20201021_122910377_HDR.jpg

“Happy” Harry Gershman opened the Central Package Store in downtown Grand Forks in 1944.
Later moved to Hwy#2 accross from the GF County Fairgrounds entrance, were Hal eventually took over from his dad in 1977.

Happy-Harry-OLD-Building.jpg

this pic from Happy Harry's web sight corner of 5th and Demers.

IMG_20201021_122913993.jpg
New Steak house/restaurant in back ground covered in poly. On original site of Happy Harrys

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I took these pics standing in parking lot of GC Bank - 501 Demers Ave GF

Accross DeMers Ave, Hugo's will be on main floor. Offices and appartments above.

IMG_20201021_122910377_HDR.jpg

“Happy” Harry Gershman opened the Central Package Store in downtown Grand Forks in 1944.
Later moved to Hwy#2 accross from the GF County Fairgrounds entrance, were Hal eventually took over from hid dad in 1977.

Happy-Harry-OLD-Building.jpg

this pic from Happy Harry's web sight corner of 5th and Demers.

IMG_20201021_122913993.jpg
New Steak house/restaurant in back ground covered in poly. On original site of Happy Harrys

Has anyone seen a rendering of the new restaurant?  Curious what all the work on the roof is for? If I had to guess, I would say they are raising the ceiling vs building a patio, but it's tough to know for sure. 

21 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Has anyone seen a rendering of the new restaurant?  Curious what all the work on the roof is for? If I had to guess, I would say they are raising the ceiling vs building a patio, but it's tough to know for sure. 

I was wondering the same, doesn't seam like a patio on top?

4 hours ago, dmksioux said:

An article with some details of a couple projects mentioned earlier in this thread. As well as some Info on a proposal for the St. John’s building.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/6730624-Grand-Forks-redevelopment-proposals-would-transform-Townhouse-Memorial-Stadium-St.-John’s-Block

the st johns block "project" is four years in the making....

56 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the st johns block "project" is four years in the making....

Sounds like a different project.

The project at the university isn’t in a city “Ren Zone,” and an earlier developer already used that tax incentive at St. John’s Block, which leaves only the Townhouse project with the Renaissance Zone option.