SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

my 2 cents...

build matching 10 story condos in the middle of Macy's and Sears...the remaining roofs would be rooftop gardens so the condo owners aren't looking down at all concrete...the rest of the mainfloor indoor space is indoor parking and storage and obviously a main entrance and maybe a inhouse fitness center? (macy's facing the ground round)...sears the old automotive entrance)...

It’s a good Development idea. Those are frowned upon in Grand Forks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

If anyone was wondering (likely not) the Columbia Mall owners paid $284,l000 in property taxes last year

It appears Scheels, JCP, and the former Macy's are separate ownership

Target, Dayton's, JCP, and Dayton-Hudson each owned the parcel they originally sat on.  Sears later. There weren't many big landholders.

couple years back a South African company bought a crappy furniture chain called Mattress Firm for waaaay more than it was worth just so they could maybe launder millions/billions of dollars by moving inventory from one store to the next to hide money/inventory from audits to help clean their dirty international misdeeds...is this the same thing happening at the mall in GF...something isn't right out there...how can almost completely empty mall make any business sense?  has the Ozarks come the GF and we don't know it.  Wonder if Bochenski will look into what the hell is happening out there (according to Robin David since Bo is a dirty immigrent crook he might have insight into some of these underworld theories)

Since they are building apartments all around the mall they need to get a grocery store in the mall. That will bring foot traffic into the mall and then they can start building out from there. Specialty stores, clothing etc. 

Not the Columbia Mall property, but I saw this email about a meeting tomorrow night at Hope Church in the Grand Cities Mall\South Forks Plaza.   Hope Church is having a congregational meeting tomorrow night to vote on an offer of selling off the Kmart property.   No idea who the investors are, or what their plans are:

"We're inviting you to a congregational meeting tomorrow night (June 24) at 7:00 pm at HOPE Church to discuss and vote on the sale of the Kmart building located in the Grand Cities Mall. 

The Land of HOPE LLC was approached by a group of developers concerning the Kmart building, and they have since placed a formal offer on the building.  We believe that this opportunity is in alignment with our vision for the mall property. The potential sale of the Kmart building is not motivated by financial difficulties.  Tomorrow night will be an opportunity to hear more details, ask questions and vote on if we see this as the proper direction for the development of our property."

47 minutes ago, Sioux_FF said:

Not the Columbia Mall property, but I saw this email about a meeting tomorrow night at Hope Church in the Grand Cities Mall\South Forks Plaza.   Hope Church is having a congregational meeting tomorrow night to vote on an offer of selling off the Kmart property.   No idea who the investors are, or what their plans are:

"We're inviting you to a congregational meeting tomorrow night (June 24) at 7:00 pm at HOPE Church to discuss and vote on the sale of the Kmart building located in the Grand Cities Mall. 

The Land of HOPE LLC was approached by a group of developers concerning the Kmart building, and they have since placed a formal offer on the building.  We believe that this opportunity is in alignment with our vision for the mall property. The potential sale of the Kmart building is not motivated by financial difficulties.  Tomorrow night will be an opportunity to hear more details, ask questions and vote on if we see this as the proper direction for the development of our property."

thought i heard that it's a done deal to do a assisted living, older person health care christian base health something...was confused but i thought it was a done deal...what'll really suck is they will not renew rumors lease.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

thought i heard that it's a done deal to do a assisted living, older person health care christian base health something...was confused but i thought it was a done deal...what'll really suck is they will not renew rumors lease.

Is your source gfhockwy?

Im 100% in the boat on the conspiracy theory on columbia mall is nothing but an intentional tax shelter or a money laundering hole.

Its a dinosaur of a different world... and needs to be condemned by the city, razed and redeveloped. Its really an embarrassment to the city of GF.

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Im 100% in the boat on the conspiracy theory on columbia mall is nothing but an intentional tax shelter or a money laundering hole.

Its a dinosaur of a different world... and needs to be condemned by the city, razed and redeveloped. Its really an embarrassment to the city of GF.

I mean, the ownership is out of Chicago are they not? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another kick in the pants to Grand Forks. This was a HUGE opportunity, and Wichita took it on like the new USA Drone  Capital champs they are. I’ve been following this pretty closely, and never once heard of GF even being in the running even though they should’ve been all over it. My guess is the city council and leadership weren’t and still aren’t even aware of it. Just continue on...everything is fine! We’re fine! LMAFO, what a joke. I should probably start trying to not care anymore because these hits will likely keep coming and the city clearly doesn’t care. 

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/07/09/2059948/0/en/AgEagle-Aerial-Systems-Selects-Wichita-Kansas-to-Locate-and-Expand-Manufacturing-Facilities.html

What businesses have recently planted roots in GF? Red river petroleum? 30 employees? I honestly can’t name anything else recently which is unbelievably sad. Grand Sky and GAAS somewhat recent. 

Marvin windows? Nope. Digikey? Nope. FedEx? Nope. US Borderstates? Nope. 

You can physically see GF falling behind Fargo, Bismarck and even Minot by the week.Oil money yes, but you can clearly see Dickinson and Williston pressing on at a rate much higher than GF which will likely prove them out to be bigger hubs than GF by 2030 at this rate.