SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

So........any reviews on the "Sin Bin" yet? Still baffles me how things don't succeed in that location........

Service is good

beer could be colder though. Don’t for see it lasting with a beer only license. Been there 4 times and each time the tap beer was warm for my liking. 

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Service is good

beer could be colder though. Don’t for see it lasting with a beer only license. Been there 4 times and each time the tap beer was warm for my liking. 

That's too bad. That's actually something I remember the Wild Hog had figured out was their beer selection, temps, and prices.

• 2 months later...

Tried a Red Pepper grinder again for the first in a long time. Only a half grinder- and with double meat and double cheese.

The extra filling made the heavy bread way more tolerable.

But I guess I now prefer the taco shop grinder in Fargo, since they have reduced the bread size so ingredients are very tasty.

We tried Mo's Cafe (previously Del's Cafe in the Grand Cities Mall) for breakfast this morning.  The remodel looks great and the food was phenomenal.  The server mentioned that the cook has a real passion for the food and makes a lot of it from scratch.  My wife also really liked that they served Bully Brew coffee.  It sounded like they are having staffing issues, so they are only open M-F now, but hope to be open on weekends soon.  We are headed back to try lunch and dinner soon.  

On 5/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, LuvHockey said:

Tried a Red Pepper grinder again for the first in a long time. Only a half grinder- and with double meat and double cheese.

The extra filling made the heavy bread way more tolerable.

But I guess I now prefer the taco shop grinder in Fargo, since they have reduced the bread size so ingredients are very tasty.

I'll hit up the one in Fargo for lunch tomorrow.

I had a grinder at spicy pie last week that was pretty solid. Haven't had one at Taco Shop in a very long time.

9 hours ago, HawksHoops said:

We tried Mo's Cafe (previously Del's Cafe in the Grand Cities Mall) for breakfast this morning.  The remodel looks great and the food was phenomenal.  The server mentioned that the cook has a real passion for the food and makes a lot of it from scratch.  My wife also really liked that they served Bully Brew coffee.  It sounded like they are having staffing issues, so they are only open M-F now, but hope to be open on weekends soon.  We are headed back to try lunch and dinner soon.  

Same shity food as Dells or a new menu?

7 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'll hit up the one in Fargo for lunch tomorrow.

I had a grinder at spicy pie last week that was pretty solid. Haven't had one at Taco Shop in a very long time.

Not on the menu but the Chicken Grinder with Taco meat from the Taco Shop is solid.

11 hours ago, HawksHoops said:

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Same shity food as Dells or a new menu?

IMO, the food was a major improvement over Del's.  Based on my one experience, this would be my go-to breakfast place in GF.  I can't speak to their lunch/dinner menu since it was a breakfast only one when we were there.  I look forward to hearing your critique if you choose to try it.  :)

3 hours ago, HawksHoops said:

IMO, the food was a major improvement over Del's.  Based on my one experience, this would be my go-to breakfast place in GF.  I can't speak to their lunch/dinner menu since it was a breakfast only one when we were there.  I look forward to hearing your critique if you choose to try it.  :)

Can’t believe they are close on sundays. Big missed chance there for bidness

unlesd the church is helping them I don’t see them surviving