SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Sprig I LOVE Krolls

actually haven't been there for years, so shouldn't speak for the knoepfla, since I make my own, and don't put it in soup, Krolls version may not be as good as it seemed years ago. There is supposedly a very good german cafe/pub in downtown fargo. Anyone know the name of that place? Wish grand forks would get mom and pop german.

actually haven't been there for years, so shouldn't speak for the knoepfla, since I make my own, and don't put it in soup, Krolls version may not be as good as it seemed years ago. There is supposedly a very good german cafe/pub in downtown fargo. Anyone know the name of that place? Wish grand forks would get mom and pop german.

Würst Bierhall.

Awesome beer selection. Not a knoephla type place but I really enjoy the food. Would recommend going next time you find yourself in Fargo.

Best knoephla I've had goes to the Napoleon Livestock.

Würst Bierhall.

Awesome beer selection. Not a knoephla type place

I see it's on the menu, as well as schnitzle, spaetzle, borscht, red cabbage, kraut, a whole variety of wurst, and kuchen. Sounds like my kind of place.

And I don't know how to get an omlaut (sp?) where it belongs

I see it's on the menu, as well as schnitzle, spaetzle, borscht, red cabbage, kraut, a whole variety of wurst, and kuchen. Sounds like my kind of place.

Really? Maybe I should read the menu next time instead of going for my usual.

Very good, again, definitely recommend going.

The Chicken Queso Burrito at Qdoba is a burrito sent to us from heaven!!  Chipolte doen't have anything even close!! :)

It's because it doesn't need to cover everything in cheese and disguise for a lack of flavor. Chipotle is sooo much better.

Do they know what a booming economy is? They could have picked just about any other city in North Dakota and gotten a more booming economy.

Yeah, here we go with the Fargo is the Center of the Known Universe woofing again. :silly: Even Howard Stern will tell you that is not the case (and I don't even like Howard Stern).

Grand Forks is a much different (and better) place than it was 20 years ago. The 1997 flood was a blessing in disguise, it forced us to reinvent ourselves. Now we have a large and prosperous (despite itself) UND, the new UAS tech park, the soon-to-be-built fertilizer plant, the UAS mission at GFAFB, continued Canadian traffic and more home and apartment building than any other time I can remember (and I have lived here since I was 3 years old).

Go back to Bisonville and talk about how NDSU is just one step away from joining the Big 12 in all sports now that wrestling is there.

As for what to do with the old Hardees/Mia Mexico/Dickey's BBQ location, I think Grand Forks should put a cloverleaf interchange at Washington and DeMers on their transportation wish list. I avoid that intersection at morning and evening rush because of how congested it is. The Dickey's BBQ location (SE) is vacant, the NE corner is vacant, the NW corner is vacant and the SW corner has a Sinclair gas station, which could be bought out and relocated west of the cloverleaf on the north side of Demers. It could be the best addition to the Grand Forks street grid since the Columbia Road overpass.

Agree. It's only for those in too big of a hurry or too lazy to look for a better knoephla soup.

I grew up on knoephla, strudle, borscht, etc, and can't wrap my head around rating knoephla good or bad. It's just mixed flour, egg, and milk snipped into boiling water.

I grew up on knoephla, strudle, borscht, etc, and can't wrap my head around rating knoephla good or bad. It's just mixed flour, egg, and milk snipped into boiling water.

Totally understand. It's just one of those odd things I miss living in Colorado.

• 3 weeks later...