SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

He's got the money and a masters degree. And is already approved by the city. Favorable lease terms. I was there yesterday building still looks pretty good.

He's got the money and a masters degree. And is already approved by the city. Favorable lease terms. I was there yesterday building still looks pretty good.

Whose money? He has not worked enough in 10 years to make it himself so that means he has someone backing him.

Banks in GF are lending out some serious coin right now

THey are all getting SBA and BND guarentees so they have little to no risk in anything

I doubt they would give out the kind of money he needs. His job working in a parking lot did not pay him much. The beer man wants his money on delivery and the hard stuff guys give you 30 days. Cisco gives you lots of time and lets people dig themselves real deep holes, like 50K to Dave Norman and his run in Whitey's. I would venture he is leasing the golf machine.

Banks themselves aren't really too exposed in these kind of deals, most people use some kind of SBA program like the 504 where the bank is only lending 40-50% of the money but holds first lien power...they figure if it goes south they should be able to recoup their share of the project costs between the interest collected and the hard assets, plus the riskier the investment looks the more down payment the SBA will require, which would limit their exposure even further.

The amount of investment needed using a 504 is 10% for purchasing an existing business, and can be up to 20% for a new venture.

I wouldn't be surprised if he used this kind of program unless he has silent partners putting up some decent cash for a conventional loan.

I think we should all lay off the personal attacks and speculation on people's character and watch it play out. If it works, it'll be great for Grand Forks. If not, someone else will take over that building and turn it into something. At least this guy has the guts to put himself on the line to be his own boss. We need more of this in America, not less. Good luck to him.

• Upvote 3

maybe this has been covered, if not I apoligize. but is erbert and gerberts still planning on opening here? I thought they were supposed to open around the same time as noodles and co. but the middle spot of the building looks vacant with nothing going there.

Their website lists Grand Forks as "coming soon".

Grand Forks

3000 32nd Ave. S.

Grand Forks, ND 58201

(t) Coming Soon!

maybe this has been covered, if not I apoligize. but is erbert and gerberts still planning on opening here? I thought they were supposed to open around the same time as noodles and co. but the middle spot of the building looks vacant with nothing going there.

They are gonna be on the far north side. Looks pretty close to being done!

We framed Noodles and Erberts. Same owner. The only empty spot was going to go to a ice cream place like cold stone and cherry berry but that feel through due to the space being too big.

Framing Albatross Grill and Golf right now. New name. UND said no to alcohol names so no Alehouse.

per Reggie Tales on WDAZ.com, Reggie says the Erberts and Gerberts opens Friday 12-7-12 in Grand Forks....

We framed Noodles and Erberts. Same owner. The only empty spot was going to go to a ice cream place like cold stone and cherry berry but that feel through due to the space being too big.

Framing Albatross Grill and Golf right now. New name. UND said no to alcohol names so no Alehouse.

What does UND have to do with what they can name their restaurant? It's on UND property, ok. But they will sell alcohol on at the restaurant!! So they can't have "Alehouse" as part of the name, but they can have a large Bud Light sign in the window!! Wow..completely moronic thing to do!!

• 1 month later...

Where is the Noodles at?

Also, any recommendations of places for breakfast in Grand Forks?

Noodles is where Grizzly's used to be, between McDonalds and the old theater (now where Olive Garden is).

Northside is usually good for breakfast. So is Gramma Butterwicks, and the Roadhouse Cafe out at the Simonson Travel Center.

• 3 weeks later...

Casa Mexico, EGF - initial impressions:

D+/C-

Saturday evening, not particularly busy, seated right away but service was dreadfully slow. Servers literally running around; overheard lots of apologies. Chips and salsa were decent. The family seemed generally pleased. Kids' burger and chicken strips were well received, and the wife's chimichanga was not hard-fried but otherwise okay. My combo plate was COLD. The food AND the plate. First time EVER that a plate at a Mexican joint was not searingly hot to the touch. At least my food matched the atmosphere...the dining area and restrooms were unexcusably shiver-inducing. Don't know the proprietors' story, but I was not impressed. Server comped us four soft drinks, but that might not be enough to get me back any time soon. Had high hopes; now have dashed hopes. Still waiting for a better-quality Mexican restaurant to emerge.