SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Excited to see Keaton Thompson on campus. I think he'll have a tremendous career, and it will be nice to have North Dakota blood back on the team with him/LaDue/Johnson. I would expect to see LaDue and Thompson very involved in the power play.

Although once you play for the Sioux you always have North Dakota blood. Or walk to class when its 60 below wind chill.....both will work. ;)

Excited to see Keaton Thompson on campus. I think he'll have a tremendous career, and it will be nice to have North Dakota blood back on the team with him/LaDue/Johnson. I would expect to see LaDue and Thompson very involved in the power play.

Although once you play for the Sioux you always have North Dakota blood. Or walk to class when its 60 below wind chill.....both will work. ;)

I posted this in the past, but every team that has won a national championship for UND has had a North Dakotan on it. I am excited to see Thompson on the team too. Go for #8

I posted this in the past, but every team that has won a national championship for UND has had a North Dakotan on it. I am excited to see Thompson on the team too. Go for #8

Zane was born in Grand Forks so technically they do :)

I think they would make room for ausmus. Seems to be a very solid player

Zane was born in Grand Forks so technically they do :)

I think they would make room for ausmus. Seems to be a very solid player

Sorry, Zane doesn't count. Lots of Minnesotans are born in GF, they want to be North Dakotan, but not everyone can be. ;)

As far as Ausmus goes, I would like him on UND too, but thinking he wants to be away from GF. We can only hope I am wrong.

Sorry, Zane doesn't count. Lots of Minnesotans are born in GF, they want to be North Dakotan, but not everyone can be. ;)

As far as Ausmus goes, I would like him on UND too, but thinking he wants to be away from GF. We can only hope I am wrong.

I'd love for us to land Ausmus too and as some have said now that he has been away for a couple years maybe the whole getting out of GF thing won't matter to him anymore.

Pelnik is a interesting recruit. Big kid. Didn't realize he had broken foot I think and then separated both shoulders after that seperate injuries. Wow.

Has anyone here watched him play recently? Is he is 14'?

I'd love for us to land Ausmus too and as some have said now that he has been away for a couple years maybe the whole getting out of GF thing won't matter to him anymore.

he needs to decommit before we worry about him coming here. I wouldn't mind a few of their recruits if they choose to decommit

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Granted, everyone is different, but I've been gone a decade and still don't have the 'get out of MN' thing out of me yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Granted, everyone is different, but I've been gone a decade and still don't have the 'get out of MN' thing out of me yet.

Who knows what his feelings are about getting away. Perhaps it was a response to repeated questions on why he chose Denver, and it was the quickest response to end the conversation there. I would think Duluth has a good chance because they had more of an unexpected departure in Casto, but I'm sure everybody has contingency plans now anyway, so they would also have to put off somebody else to bring him in next year. Sounds like someone is going to get a last minute gift though, provided he doesn't wait until 2014 like he was projected at Denver.

Here is who I believe is coming in. Barring any surprises between now and August, I feel it's pretty accurate:

Paul LaDue - D

Keaton Thompson - D

Troy Stecher - D

Wade Murphy - F

Adam Tambellini - F

Luke Johnson - F

Goaltender to be determined

Can we expect any of these guys to be immediated impact players? Without Knight and Kristo we are losing alot of scoring punch this season.

28 Charlie Pelnik D 6-3 180 L 5/15/1995 Cary, NC

Wasn't the Pelnik the guy that committed to UND when he was in like 8th or 9th grade? I though I remembered reading (a while back) he was the youngest kid to commit to UND, or am I mixing this up?

Yeah who knows, but I know a lot of guys who have wanted to get out of a place and been back to that place to stay within a couple months. I got out of Northwest Minnesota for college and after the first semester I knew I had to get back to Northwest Minnesota. A lot of times people want to get out of a place because thats where they've been forever but when they do get out they realize how much they really do belong there. If I had to guess though I would guess he ends up at Duluth just because of their D and scholarship situation and he would most likely be their top d-man the day he stepped on campus.

Trevor Olson (F-1993) of Sioux City (USHL) has committed to UND.

https://twitter.com/...005029231935488

http://ushl2011.stat...8&seasonid=9358

Really like this kid, I watched him a number of times at Duluth East the during his high school career and thought he was the best player they had most of the time. He battled some injuries his senior year in high school or he would have most likely already been committed.

Looks like future 3rd or 4th line grinder material...and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. Big kid, takes a bunch of penalty minutes (must be playing physical).

I just asked a couple of Duluthians what kind of player he is, said he is a big kid that likes to play along the walls, has a decent shot and can move the puck. Apparently had a knee injury last year that may have scared some teams off but has remained fully healthy this season. Once he was traded to Sioux City he started getting more PP time and has turned into a point per game player.

I just asked a couple of Duluthians what kind of player he is, said he is a big kid that likes to play along the walls, has a decent shot and can move the puck. Apparently had a knee injury last year that may have scared some teams off but has remained fully healthy this season. Once he was traded to Sioux City he started getting more PP time and has turned into a point per game player.

What year do you think he will come in?