SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Funny how recruiting goes. All of a sudden UND is loaded with local GF kids, North Dakota/Minnesota kids coming in the next few seasons.

Any word on ausmus? Does he wait for gwoz and follow if that happens quick or does he make decide?

What year do you think he will come in?

I am curious about this too.... I was under the impression that there were more than enough forwards for the next 2-3 years..... I know the coaches know better than I do, but unless he defers for at least a year you have to start wondering who is going to get playing time and if UND starts to see guys leave for more minutes.

I am curious about this too.... I was under the impression that there were more than enough forwards for the next 2-3 years..... I know the coaches know better than I do, but unless he defers for at least a year you have to start wondering who is going to get playing time and if UND starts to see guys leave for more minutes.

He's coming in the fall.

Do we think he is a scholarship player, or a recruited walk-on? Would be nice to have a little scholarship money in case a talent like Trevor Moore or some other player decommits from Denver as well. I believe Moore is expected to go fairly high in the draft and could move to Major Junior if he is unhappy with how things played out in Denver.

Looks like future 3rd or 4th line grinder material...and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. Big kid, takes a bunch of penalty minutes (must be playing physical).

I wouldn't say 38 PIM in 30 games is taking a lot of penalty minutes. He's had several 5 min majors that really push up his PIM. Great to see him playing physical though.

Do we think he is a scholarship player, or a recruited walk-on? Would be nice to have a little scholarship money in case a talent like Trevor Moore or some other player decommits from Denver as well. I believe Moore is expected to go fairly high in the draft and could move to Major Junior if he is unhappy with how things played out in Denver.

He's a scholarship player. Sorry, but you don't see too many walk ons that play top line minutes in the USHL.

Just saying...

Any word on ausmus? Does he wait for gwoz and follow if that happens quick or does he make decide?

I'm not up on the all legal mumbo-jumbo of who can talk to whom while they are or are not committed. Is there anything that prohibits Gwoz from talking to Ausmus right now? It's not a completely unheard of notion for recruits/players to follow a coach who leaves. Maybe Ausmus knows more about Gwoz's prospective plans and is waiting on that.

Definitely a scholarship and deserves it too, I'd be suprised if he doesn't contribute right away he is a really nice pick up.

Possibly a Brad Malone type player?

Probably not as physical, not sure who I would compare him to maybe somwhat like a Rowney with a little better scoring touch.

Looks like Olson and his team will be in Fargo for games on Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 7:00 if anyone wants to get a look at him.

Someone also asked Schloss about who he would expect to come in this season and he answered with forwards: Wade Murphy, Adam Tambellini, Luke Johnson and defensemen: Paul LaDue, Keaton Thompson, and Troy Stecher. I would also assume we would pick up a goalie to bring in next fall sometime in the next few weeks.

He's a scholarship player. Sorry, but you don't see too many walk ons that play top line minutes in the USHL.

Just saying...

True, but who knows how the injury affected his recruitment, and usually top line guys are already committed this late in the game for the following season. Matt Henderson is a perfect example of a guy who was a leading goal scorer on his team who ended up walking on and became Frozen Four MVP. But yes, generally speaking top line guys should garner scholarship money.

True, but who knows how the injury affected his recruitment, and usually top line guys are already committed this late in the game for the following season. Matt Henderson is a perfect example of a guy who was a leading goal scorer on his team who ended up walking on and became Frozen Four MVP. But yes, generally speaking top line guys should garner scholarship money.

It was clarified later that he's a 2014 recruit.

It was clarified later that he's a 2014 recruit.

It's looking like our 2014 class could be interesting considering we have quite a few who could come in but very few seniors on the roster. I don't see a whole lot of early departure potential either. As I see it, we only lose one forward (Rodwell) and I would imagine Olson, Schmaltz and Wilkie are locks to come then you still have Poganski, Rowe and Voltin that could as well. Could make for some interesting decisions.

It's looking like our 2014 class could be interesting considering we have quite a few who could come in but very few seniors on the roster. I don't see a whole lot of early departure potential either. As I see it, we only lose one forward (Rodwell) and I would imagine Olson, Schmaltz and Wilkie are locks to come then you still have Poganski, Rowe and Voltin that could as well. Could make for some interesting decisions.

Unless we have some unforeseen departures, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone decommit. Rowe or Voltin probably being the best chances.

Well, if someone bails last minute, we're in good shape!

Also, we lose 2 forwards, not one, with next years senior class (Rodwell and Mitch)

Unless we have some unforeseen departures, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone decommit. Rowe or Voltin probably being the best chances.

I was thinking those two may not make it to campus as well. Especially Rowe since Olson seems to be a similiar style of player.

Someone also asked Schloss about who he would expect to come in this season and he answered with forwards: Wade Murphy, Adam Tambellini, Luke Johnson and defensemen: Paul LaDue, Keaton Thompson, and Troy Stecher. I would also assume we would pick up a goalie to bring in next fall sometime in the next few weeks.

I really like the look of this incoming class. Every single player is capable of making a serious impact early. It's not like the Parks class that had a lot of nobodies after Grimaldi got hurt and miller and the other guy bailed.

In addition to Rodwell, Mitch MacMillan will be a departing forward next season as well. With a big year, Rocco could leave early as it would be his third year in GF.

Hey everyone, new to the forum!

I'm looking forward to this upcoming class or two. I've seen some people who sound rather discouraged due to the lack of 'superstars'. But look at the 06-07 and 07-08 recruiting classes. They didn't necessarily feature superstars, but had great committed players like Chay Genoway, VandeVelde, Frattin, Malone, etc. I'm really liking this recruiting class, but as stated earlier, we will definitely see some growing pains. I really hope we don't lose someone like Tambellini doesn't change his mind suddenly because it sounds like he could be a key cog of this class.

I read in a forum somewehre that Grimaldi said that he intended only on playing one year here, could anyone provide an article of proof?

Thanks!