SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Not that it's a 100% reliable source, but a Vernon Vipers blogger states that Crisfield will not be returning to the BCHL next year, suggesting he will be coming to UND in the Fall. That would be 3 defensemen for sure coming in, possibly 4. I wonder if this is foreshadowing and early departure or two.

http://vipersdiehardfan.blogspot.com/2013/03/vernon-vipers-2013-14-possible-roster.html

I will not be surprised if Forbort and maybe Simpson don't return next season.

Simpson would surprise me a bit, simply because he isn't a top draft pick, and he still just turned 20. I think he is a great student, and his family values education, so why leave to play in the AHL? I really think there are some guys who would love to have their own Senior day to reflect on, and from an outsider's view it seems Simpson really has a real sense of the program.

I will not be surprised if Forbort and maybe Simpson don't return next season.

I guess I would be surprised if Simpson doesn't return this year, but who knows. I said winter would be over this weekend as well, so what do I know.

Not that it's a 100% reliable source, but a Vernon Vipers blogger states that Crisfield will not be returning to the BCHL next year, suggesting he will be coming to UND in the Fall. That would be 3 defensemen for sure coming in, possibly 4. I wonder if this is foreshadowing and early departure or two.

http://vipersdiehard...ble-roster.html

Another thing to consider is right now the team is carrying 7 defensemen when in the past 8 has been more common. Perhaps the staff is trying to get back to a deeper D corps? Also, high school graduation acceleration can go awry, so Keaton Thompson is not a lock to come in this fall. And as we've seen quite a bit of recently, there is also the possibility of someone transferring out.

My guess on the odds of early pro signees is Forbort 50/50, Simpson 80% chance he stays. That's based on a combination of gut feeling and things I've read and heard concerning those two individuals.

Another thing to consider is right now the team is carrying 7 defensemen when in the past 8 has been more common. Perhaps the staff is trying to get back to a deeper D corps? Also, high school graduation acceleration can go awry, so Keaton Thompson is not a lock to come in this fall. And as we've seen quite a bit of recently, there is also the possibility of someone transferring out.

My guess on the odds of early pro signees is Forbort 50/50, Simpson 80% chance he stays. That's based on a combination of gut feeling and things I've read and heard concerning those two individuals.

Another thing to take into account is the relationships players may or may not have with former players that have left early and those that have stayed. Most early departures we have had recently have regretted it. All in all I think we've done a good job at retaining players possibly longer than most expected them to be around, and that's a credit to the culture of the program.

Simpson would surprise me a bit, simply because he isn't a top draft pick, and he still just turned 20. I think he is a great student, and his family values education, so why leave to play in the AHL? I really think there are some guys who would love to have their own Senior day to reflect on, and from an outsider's view it seems Simpson really has a real sense of the program.

More like playing in the ECHL.

i just can't see Simpson leaving. Another year would really serve him well.

A little info on newly committed Troy Stecher. He's 19 in April, 5'11 and 177lbs. Last 2 seasons Avg about 28mins per game with Penticton and has played over 40 mins multiple times (Redic I know). Last year was +96 on the year, this year is +35. Was RBC Cup Top Dman, WJAC First All Star, BCHL Top Dman this season. He's a ultra smart puck moving Dman that will very rarely ever get beat in own end. Plays Defense first, very tough for his size and very fast skater. Below is a OT goal from earlier this season- foot race between him and top forward he blows by to finish it.

http://www.youtube.c...LjPNN7c#t=304s

• Upvote 1

A little info on newly committed Troy Stecher. He's 19 in April, 5'11 and 177lbs. Last 2 seasons Avg about 28mins per game with Penticton and has played over 40 mins multiple times (Redic I know). Last year was +96 on the year, this year is +35. Was RBC Cup Top Dman, WJAC First All Star, BCHL Top Dman this season. He's a ultra smart puck moving Dman that will very rarely ever get beat in own end. Plays Defense first, very tough for his size and very fast skater. Below is a OT goal from earlier this season- foot race between him and top forward he blows by to finish it.

http://www.youtube.c...LjPNN7c#t=304s

That looked very impressive indeed!
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find out who's possibly coming in next season, but I'm having a hard time because different sources are claiming/speculating different things. I found 12 possible players coming in (though a few of those don't seem likely).

Which players are for sure coming in next season (provided they don't decommit and go elsewhere)? I know LaDue has to because he is out of junior eligibility, but who else?

And who are some strong possibilities for next season, especially now that Forbort is gone?

I'm trying to find out who's possibly coming in next season, but I'm having a hard time because different sources are claiming/speculating different things. I found 12 possible players coming in (though a few of those don't seem likely).

Which players are for sure coming in next season (provided they don't decommit and go elsewhere)? I know LaDue has to because he is out of junior eligibility, but who else?

And who are some strong possibilities for next season, especially now that Forbort is gone?

Here is who I believe is coming in. Barring any surprises between now and August, I feel it's pretty accurate:

Paul LaDue - D

Keaton Thompson - D

Troy Stecher - D

Wade Murphy - F

Adam Tambellini - F

Luke Johnson - F

Goaltender to be determined

London Knights (OHL) just drafted Christian Evers

Since he was drafted so late (5th round), I am hoping we are safe. He has already committed to the NTDP, and those commitments are pretty hard to get out of. From what I have heard/read, he would have been picked early in the first round if he wouldn't have committed to the NTDP.

Since he was drafted so late (5th round), I am hoping we are safe. He has already committed to the NTDP, and those commitments are pretty hard to get out of. From what I have heard/read, he would have been picked early in the first round if he wouldn't have committed to the NTDP.

NTDP hasn't officially announced his signing yet, and hey have announced a good portion of the roster already. I guess we'll see.

Evers tweeted: "Thanks for all of the congratulations and the support. I can't wait to see how things play out in the next couple of years."

NTDP hasn't officially announced his signing yet, and hey have announced a good portion of the roster already. I guess we'll see.

Evers tweeted: "Thanks for all of the congratulations and the support. I can't wait to see how things play out in the next couple of years."

This is not a good sign...

I seem to recall other kids saying similar comments yet still reneging. Take what they say with a grain of salt until they actually show up. Also I wonder what Jayson thinks of that kid tweeting at a UND recruit.

He already had that conversation with that same kid. The kid and his friends responded with name calling.