SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Byfuglien didn't really impress me with what he did to Caggiula. Rattling around a guy who's 8 inches shorter and 85 pounds lighter is pretty weak. 

Want to send a message to the Blackhawks? Go bang on Dahlstrom or Murphy or Anisimov, but not the second smallest guy on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Byfuglien didn't really impress me with what he did to Caggiula. Rattling around a guy who's 8 inches shorter and 85 pounds lighter is pretty weak. 

Want to send a message to the Blackhawks? Go bang on Dahlstrom or Murphy or Anisimov, but not the second smallest guy on the roster. 

Big Buff on a diet plan? Or is The Drake up to 230?

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Buff knocked him down and gave him an extra shove or two, but I think everything after that was in response to the slash that Drake game him across the ankle/foot which is speculated to be the "lower body injury" that has kept him out recently.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Buff knocked him down and gave him an extra shove or two, but I think everything after that was in response to the slash that Drake game him across the ankle/foot which is speculated to be the "lower body injury" that has kept him out recently.

I get that.
Byf was frustrated and unloaded (WPG was blowing a lead at the time); Caggiula took the easy counter. 

I'm still of the belief that Byfuglien should take his issues to the complaint department (6'4" Murphy) and ask them to curb their dog and not just kick the chihuahua. It's not a good look to see the biggest guy going after the smallest guy. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I get that.
Byf was frustrated and unloaded (WPG was blowing a lead at the time); Caggiula took the easy counter. 

I'm still of the belief that Byfuglien should take his issues to the complaint department (6'4" Murphy) and ask them to curb their dog and not just kick the chihuahua. It's not a good look to see the biggest guy going after the smallest guy. 

I don't disagree, just pointing out why Byfuglien took it as far as he did. On the flip side, Caggiula needs to be smarter than that, especially being a few days out of concussion protocol. 

not sure where to put this, monkeying around on wikipedia today, found the following-

Gasparini era[edit]

John "Gino" Gasparini was hired in 1978, Gasparini played for UND from 1964–67 before a short stint in the International Hockey League then returning to UND under Bjorkman as an assistant coach. Gasparini's impact was immediate and UND finished the regular season winning the MacNaughton Cup and advancing to the 1979 NCAA Tournament. North Dakota picked up a 4–2 victory of Dartmouth in the semi-final round but fell in the national championship game to Minnesota 3–4.[12] North Dakota finished the season with a record of 30–11–1, the program's first 30-win season, as well as Gasparini being named WCHA Coach of the Year.[2] The 30 wins of the 1978–79 season was eclipsed the following season when North Dakota picked up 31 wins and the programs third National Championship with a 5–2 win over Northern Michigan.[13] North Dakota returned to the NCAA Tournament in 1984. North Dakota swept Rensselaer two games to none in the quarter final round but fell 1–2 in overtime to Minnesota-Duluth[14]

The 1986–87 season UND swept through the WCHA winning the MacNaughton Cup and WCHA Final Five Tournament.[2] UND advanced to the 1987 NCAA Tournament sweeping St. Lawrence in two games by a combined score of 9–4 and advancing to the Championship with a 5–2 win over Harvard.[15] North Dakota won their fifth NCAA Division I National Championship when UND defeated Michigan State Spartans in front of a Spartan crowd in Detroit, Michigan on March 28, 1987.[15] The team would make the NCAA Tournament one more time with Gasparini behind the bench in 1990 but fell in the regional round of the expanded NCAA Tournament when the team lost to Boston University two games to one in the best of three series.[16]

If I am coherent, is there some errors here, 1982 should be in there some where?  how does one get wikipedia to fix errors?

16 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Watching a compilation of hockey hits I saw this from a few years ago. Not sure if it was shared here or not since I don't think I'd previously watched it. 

Forget the hit. 

I want the official @MafiaMan critique on those officials' uniforms. :crazy:

14 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Oshie injured badly by a dirty dangerous slash boarding play tonight.

Sounds like his season is very much done.

I'm pretty sure he broke his collarbone. That's where he grabbed when he rolled over and the way he skated off.

5 hours ago, Sioux1988 said:

I'm pretty sure he broke his collarbone. That's where he grabbed when he rolled over and the way he skated off.

This is the third time Oshie has been injured by dirty disgusting plays that resulted in ZERO supplement disipline.

DOPS guys must have played against him in college or something.

Id me lividly wildly irate if that kept happening to me.

How has this not been called out yet (or maybe it has and I just missed it)?  Rocco Grimaldi is the leading goal scorer (3G) and second in points in the playoffs for Nashville this year.  He played in 53 games this year with 5G 8A - 13P and now he's leading them in the playoffs.  Granted, you could argue that Nashville is having a sub-par playoffs so far and guys aren't scoring, but it's great seeing Grimaldi rise to the challenge.