SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

Arrow, no feathers, would probably be safe. 

Arrow, with feather = problem. Why? The Watertown (SD) Arrows have people protesting them in the past. No sense going there. 

Then I think we reconsider Big Cocks without feathers as well.  I mean really Big Cocks should be able to stand on it's own.

I still say become a AHL or Major Junior team & F-em all (including UND if they would still support kelly)

I bet Ralph would have made it happen if he were here 

You severely underestimate what UND as an institution meant to Ralph, not just the nickname.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if Standing Rock would have got as much interest / attention from UND as UND is giving this new process, if something could have been worked out with them but that never really happened 

Here's what I've been told about Standing Rock. 1. They are located 500 miles from UND they really don't care about UND. 2. More than half their tribal members reside in South Dakota which makes them care even less about a school in northeast North Dakota. 

The reality is they never should have been included in the NCAA agreement, but they were and thus the results. By the way don't think that even if Standing Rock had been left out it would have been a done deal. I read a quote once from an NCAA representative that said the public vote by Spirit Lake did not meet the NCAA requirements - the requirement was for Tribal Council approval - something they continue to be divided on. As unfair as the process was the controversy would NEVER go away as long as there are liberals on college campuses wanting to protect other people's feelings.

• Upvote 2

oh stop it Darrell with your loser "me too, their picking on me" attitude. There are a lot of things associated with Indians, who are real people by the way. Horses, Mustangs, Eagles, Crows, Ravens, dirt, broncos, wind, sky, snow, rain, mountains, tatanka, and many many more, none of which you will note are real human beings. I think you forget your misery loves company attitude, and enjoy the holidays. I can probably play Indian association with every nickname in America . . . The Pioneers, didn't thy kick the Indians out of their territory, I suppose you have a problem with that one too.

Ouch, struck a nerve to our first Bison troll. I associate horses more with Cowboys than Indians what is associated more with a Bison?

Arrow, no feathers, would probably be safe. 

Arrow, with feather = problem. Why? The Watertown (SD) Arrows have people protesting them in the past. No sense going there

Never heard this one before, but could have been a little before my time.  Any particular incident lead to this protest?

If we can't be Wheatkings because it won't work that well for the women,  perhaps we could be the Threshers or Thrashers and have wheat stalks on the sleeves of our jerseys and a takeoff of the evil corn masks you see at Cornhusker games  with a wheat theme on a Grim Reaper type figure yielding a scythe to cut down the opposition. 

If we can't be Wheatkings because it won't work that well for the women,  perhaps we could be the Threshers or Thrashers and have wheat stalks on the sleeves of our jerseys and a takeoff of the evil corn masks you see at Cornhusker games  with a wheat theme on a Grim Reaper type figure yielding a scythe to cut down the opposition. 

Threshers? 

Reapers. ;)