SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

No Wheat Kings because it's masculine? Then Wheat Monarchs? Could be the Whole Grain Monarchs ... with the occasional gluten-free night, think of the possibilities. Wheat Kings is a good name ... for Brandon MB ... which means it's been done. Don't do the done.

No Wheat Kings because it's masculine? Then Wheat Monarchs? Could be the Whole Grain Monarchs ... with the occasional gluten-free night, think of the possibilities. Wheat Kings is a good name ... for Brandon MB ... which means it's been done. Don't do the done.

I don't think it is a good name choice either...I just happen to like the name and the logo though. Hard to make wheat look good in green, white, and black though.

21CyOr1xMwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yep, exactly!

I guess from a "flip the bird at the NCAA" perspective I could live with either 

Ghost Riders (and we know which former riders on the plains we speak of; hint: REA plaza statue)

or

Black Stripes (I wonder if we could cut a deal with Adidas ... ) 

And yes, finding a way to "flip the bird" to the NCAA with a new name that still meets their PC criteria would help the name garner some favor with many. 

The problem: We'd be setting ourselves up to drag the albatross forever. 

LOVE the Ghost Riders idea.  Love it.   And I'm all about a cowboy connotation with that.   I'd go with a pure black logo with a relatively simple shape, silhouette related to a cowboy in some way.    I'm not a guy who like all black uni's, but simple logos work the best IMO because they are so easily recognizable at any distance.  For example, like the Lion's, Cowboys or Vikings.   So an all black logo would work great with that nickname.

LOVE the Ghost Riders idea.  Love it.   And I'm all about a cowboy connotation with that.   I'd go with a pure black logo with a relatively simple shape, silhouette related to a cowboy in some way.  

Use just the head/mane, change eye to Pantone 347 (official UND green), and done. (That's the logo PCM proposed for "Nokotas" and comes from an old Poco album.)

220px-Legend_cover.jpg

thUNDer? Could work, I may even warm up to it but Thunder has been done, don't do the done.

Seeing it written like that reminds me of a corny old NDSU cheer "underwear begins with UND".

There's this team about 80 miles from UND that has this _______ing herd.