SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 9/29/2021 at 11:03 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Say a Michigan that has just freakin loaded up goes on a run, the resources of their Alumni base, overall fans, exposure, and the B1G, they could just open the coffers to kids via the transfer portal and refresh a juggernaut for a decade out of these massive recruiting classes.

Michigan will not be the BU one and done draft pick palazzo bust, its foolish to keep comparing the two situations.

This sounds like our school will be relegated to being a mid-major in hockey. :(:angry::unsure:

We better do what we need to do to prevent that from happening.

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

How about Michigan winning something like a conference championship or something first before we decide to go down the gloom and doom route.

I think you are right. But @Frozen4sioux made it sound like our days of contending are in danger of being over. I really hope he is wrong, but it is something we need to keep an eye on.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This sounds like our school will be relegated to being a mid-major in hockey. :(:angry::unsure:

We better do what we need to do to prevent that from happening.

We have and will... the portal is going to be so important moving forward and may actually make us better in terms of what it takes to win in college hockey.... upperclassmen

• Upvote 2

Was just lookng at Heisenberg's recruiting website to look up Thomas and noticed that Halliday is still uncommitted. Anyone else find that odd? Is his skating that bad that he still hasn't been picked up? Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about him lately? Seems to really have fallen in the past few years. 

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think you are right. But @Frozen4sioux made it sound like our days of contending are in danger of being over. I really hope he is wrong, but it is something we need to keep an eye on.

Never said that UND was "was going to be relegated" ...

Im just stating that the landscape of college hockey has changed, dramatically, and its not a temporary shift at all.

Many, if not most, fans do not realize this yet, they dont understand the impact 

I assure you coaches, administrators, and "advisors" do.

I'm also saying its foolish to compare this Michigan team to the BU 1andDone team

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Im just stating that the landscape of college hockey has changed, dramatically, and its not a temporary shift at all.

Many, if not most, fans do not realize this yet, they dont understand the impact 

I'm also saying its foolish to compare this Michigan team to the BU 1andDone team

The new recruiting restrictions also favor blue bloods and big names. Nobody is reaching out to schools like Lake Superior State on their own, and prior to a certain age that's the only way to start a conversation with a recruit. Look at what schools had freshly available commitments announced on Aug 1st and soon after.

12 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The new recruiting restrictions also favor blue bloods and big names. Nobody is reaching out to schools like Lake Superior State on their own, and prior to a certain age that's the only way to start a conversation with a recruit. Look at what schools had freshly available commitments announced on Aug 1st and soon after.

You're not wrong at all here.

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We have and will... the portal is going to be so important moving forward and may actually make us better in terms of what it takes to win in college hockey.... upperclassmen

Agreed, with where a ton of the blue chips are going ( :) )….we’ll need to flip kids and get grad transfers. Not the coolest way to do it but whatever wins games 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Bingo…we’ll still get our high enders here and there (especially D men and Canadians), but these big ten teams will have first pick at the us blue chips. We have the advantage with over age Canadians and we should be able to pluck late bloomers from the ushl. Beauty of hockey…late bloomer sport.

in all seriousness, bubs has been great with who he’s been getting. It has to be really tough to recruit against some of those big schools with all they have to offer.

7 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Perron may end up sneaking into the first 

Don’t know how highly rated he is, but he seems to have transitioned well to the USHL as a younger player.  I know it’s early but a lot of our younger guys have started out well this year. With Perron, Dylan James, Jackson Blake, and Bowden Singleton in the forward pipeline, I really like the looks of adding to the defensive corp that we always seem strong in recruiting.  Singleton is a top scorer in the AJHL as a rookie, although he saw some games before this year.

13 hours ago, ChadR said:

Cole Eiserman & Macklin Celebrini - great starts for Shattuck Prep team as 15 yr olds. These are targets for Aug 1, 2022.

For literally everybody, they will be some of the biggest targets in North America.

Force showcase in Fargo this wekeend, should be some really good 05s 06s and 07s 

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

For literally everybody, they will be some of the biggest targets in North America.

Force showcase in Fargo this wekeend, should be some really good 05s 06s and 07s 

UGH, 05s lolol... I'm so old. That is when I graduated.