SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba Extended

McBuckets

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

That's false, unless you want to qualify that statement by claiming the covid season doesn't count.

You can "qualify" anything you want to make yourself feel better.  

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I’m dropping all my football season tickets as well. I’ll just pick up some tickets for free on game day when they’re giving them out to try get butts in seats

Serious question.  Do you have bb season tix and if so, will you be dropping them also?   

BB team 18-14 with first winning season since ‘16-‘17.  

19 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

There are 128 FCS teams.  I'd love to be winning national championships, but that's not reasonable to expect or demand and is completely divorced from reality.  If that is the standard all ADs took there would be a 95% coaching turnover every year.  

So you think FCS isn't horribly watered down? It is. And pretending it isn't doesn't make it true.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Serious question.  Do you have bb season tix and if so, will you be dropping them also?   

BB team 18-14 with first winning season since ‘16-‘17.  

I have multiple basketball and hockey season tickets as well. Won’t be dropping either of those for other reasons.

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Bubba's body of work speaks for itself, but this contract is a reflection of Chaves lack of awareness.

He's paid the second lowest salary in the conference and the assistant pool is middle of the pack.
By the end of his latest extension he'll still be below the median.
I don't think that complaining he's overpaid compared to where they've finished in the conference is the argument that I think you think it is.

This is not saying he should be paid more or should have gotten an extension, it is a fact based comment on conference salaries.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Same with me. 

The only reason I’m dumping is because that’s the only way the administration will listen. They’ll ignore the fan base emails, as evidenced by the acceptance of an avg to below avg athletics program outside of hockey and by rewarding mediocrity.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nepotism, Corruption and Mediocrity continues at UND! 

No surprise … it’s easier just accepting apathy at this point. 

Good luck folks with your mediocrity. Hard to be too proud of my alma mater at this point. I’ll direct my dollars and investments elsewhere. Can’t believe I’ve put in as much $ as I have … stupidity! Pile on, I admit it! I screwed up supporting this program, but I’ll still be around a bit.

The local traditions and culture around NE North Dakota and western Minnesota (with the exception apparently being Fargo, which is unsurprisingly booming) continues to astonish me.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

He's paid the second lowest salary in the conference and the assistant pool is middle of the pack.
By the end of his latest extension he'll still be below the median.
I don't think that complaining he's overpaid compared to where they've finished in the conference is the argument that I think you think it is.

This is not saying he should be paid more or should have gotten an extension, it is a fact based comment on conference salaries.

Yeah, I wasn't talking in comparison to other schools, more in general. Everyone knows UND isn't competitive in the salary market for football. The implication was not that Bubba is overpaid, but that his performance has hardly warranted multiple extensions. Let's be honest, regardless of what anyone feels a head football coach should be paid, $250-$300k a year is a damn nice life when you're living in Grand Forks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nepotism, Corruption and Mediocrity continues at UND! 

No surprise … it’s easier just accepting apathy at this point. 

Good luck folks with your mediocrity. Hard to be too proud of my alma mater at this point. I’ll direct my dollars and investments elsewhere. Can’t believe I’ve put in as much $ as I have … stupidity! Pile on, I admit it! I screwed up supporting this program, but I’ll still be around a bit.

The local traditions and culture around NE North Dakota and western Minnesota (with the exception apparently being Fargo, which is unsurprisingly booming) continues to astonish me.  

Maybe now people will stop telling you to shut up about the shortcomings of our once-proud FB program. You have been right about all of this. Kudos to you, sir.

If we had more people like you in the athletic department, things might be different.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

The only reason I’m dumping is because that’s the only way the administration will listen. They’ll ignore the fan base emails, as evidenced by the acceptance of an avg to below avg athletics program outside of hockey and by rewarding mediocrity.  

It's a dilemma. I don't want to penalize the players who bust their behinds all year to get better. But I also don't want to reward mediocrity. A Catch-22 for sure.

33 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Towing the company line til the bitter end.  

No, talking to people who were actually involved in the meetings. Notice I didn't say I anywhere that I did or didn't agreed with any of it? There's enough to criticize without making things up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So we went through the time and expense of moving up from Division 2 to Division 1 to have an "above average FCS program" in a division that is heavily watered down with really weak programs? You basically just said "Nattys don't matter". I don't tolerate that B.S. in the hockey threads and I don't tolerate it here, either. The FB boosters pushed hard for this Division I move 15 years ago. I don't think they did it to be "an above average FCS program". This entire athletic department is being run like a high school and I am sick and tired of it. Anyone who thinks this is how it should be done, please make your case.

The boosters may have pushed for the move but I haven't seen the monster donation that can help get over the hump. Not expecting a Ralph type outlay, but where is the backing. Even softball has gotten a new stadium from a single donor. Where is that support for football. 

I apologize in advance if I become a pessimistic dick at times over the next four years. Come game time I'll still be rooting hard, but if things go south it's going to be hard to stay positive.....at all. 

• Upvote 4

I'm willing to give the student athletes that were recruited in the past three years the benefit of the doubt - it's not like the cupboard is bare. Yes it will be hard to look past what has transpired with Bubba, hard to understand that the Administration either didn't hear the rumbles or didn't care about them. I guess we will learn from the portal what the current student athletes think about the extension.