SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba Extended

McBuckets

25 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

My two really good NDSU buddies are going to laugh when they hear the news about Bubba, along with every other NDSU fan. Maybe when they come down to Phoenix in two weeks for the Final Four they will convert me to NDSU fans. Ok that won't happen, but it is completely depressing knowing we have zero chance to have any type realistic chance or even hope...... of contending for a title for another four years!!!

The complete meltdown of the rest of the season after he NDSU game was so glaring that Bubba doesn't have what it takes to coach up and lead a team to greatness. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

I'm assuming this would take Bubba into retirement? Or no?

Bubba would be 65 at the end of the 27 season.   Who knows?   He could conceivably hang around for another extension.  (unfortunately)

51 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I dropped two of my four I decided. Sending chaves a message 

I dropped all four of my season tickets. No faith in this athletic department outside of hockey. All sports are a distant second thought outside of hockey. It sucks but it is what it is. 
I will email Chaves and Armacost, but know that it won’t cha be anything. :(

• Upvote 2

As @jdub27 says, it does no good to complain on a message board (even though that is one of the purposes of having one, but I digress).

So, here are both President Armacost's and Athletic Director Chaves' e-mail addresses. They are both ultimately responsible for what happens with athletics at UND, so the buck stops with them on things like this.

andrew.armacost@und.edu

william.chaves@und.edu

Please be respectful and courteous in your comments. I know this is an emotional topic for those of us who care about UND athletics, but nasty comments will be (and should be) ignored.

I will be sending e-mails to each. I will post them on here after they have been sent.

37 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I dropped all four of my season tickets. No faith in this athletic department outside of hockey. All sports are a distant second thought outside of hockey. It sucks but it is what it is. 
I will email Chaves and Armacost, but know that it won’t cha be anything. :(

I’m dropping all my football season tickets as well. I’ll just pick up some tickets for free on game day when they’re giving them out to try get butts in seats

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I’m dropping all my football season tickets as well. I’ll just pick up some tickets for free on game day when they’re giving them out to try get butts in seats

I'm doing the same.  At this point in my life, I'm not willing to waste my time, money or emotional capital on an athletic department that has shown zero interest in rising above mediocrity.  There is no justification for this extension and it's just the latest in a series of questionable decisions under Chaves.  Unfortunately, I don't believe it will make any difference if he leaves and they just promote from within since it's all the same philosophy.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It’s sad because football needs all the help they can get, and Chaves is single-handedly running into the ground by doing dumb extesnions

i bet buyout language doesn’t change make me eat crow billy boy and drink pabst

• Upvote 4

Just now, UNDhoops said:

At least I don’t need to care about football for a few years 

I keep saying that, but can't help myself. I'll just be back to frustration and higher blood pressure in the fall.

I'd really be interested to know the terms of the extension, though I'm sure that would be even more disappointed. 

If Chaves was smart at all, he should have lowballed Bubba and included a simple buyout, and Bubba would still be getting a heck of a deal. What's Bubba going to do at this point in his career and this time of year? Walk away from the program? Is that was a "nice guy" would do? He would have begrudgingly taken some extra money as he rode off into the sunset. Program would have kept some degree of continuity for the upcoming season and the players, forced Bubba to produce on the field, and if he couldn't we would have bought ourselves a year for a better candidate search.

Its all a good ole boys club ... once you've got your membership card, you're basically a teacher that has hit tenure. Time served outweighs results achieved ..... (not taking a shot at any of you teachers out there, just a broken system that lacks accountability).

I don't see what everyone is so upset about. 1) You all seem to be certain that Bubba is going to keep the program afloat and in playoff contention. Can't say the same for a new hire. 2) Bubba is just keeping the seat warm for Danny to come back in a few years with the SDSU book of secrets and take over as HC. He'll hand Danny a solid program that is primed and ready to take from good to great.

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd really be interested to know the terms of the extension, though I'm sure that would be even more disappointed. 

If Chaves was smart at all, he should have lowballed Bubba and included a simple buyout, and Bubba would still be getting a heck of a deal. What's Bubba going to do at this point in his career and this time of year? Walk away from the program? Is that was a "nice guy" would do? He would have begrudgingly taken some extra money as he rode off into the sunset. Program would have kept some degree of continuity for the upcoming season and the players, forced Bubba to produce on the field, and if he couldn't we would have bought ourselves a year for a better candidate search.

Its all a good ole boys club ... once you've got your membership card, you're basically a teacher that has hit tenure. Time served outweighs results achieved ..... (not taking a shot at any of you teachers out there, just a broken system that lacks accountability).

Well, I scanned the article, and so much for negotiation ...

2024: $255k

2025: $265k

2026 (Ext): $275k

2027 (Ext): $285k

*Buyout portion of the contract remains UNCHANGED!

If fired without cause, Bubba receives 100% of the base salary for the first 24 months. 75% of his base salary for months 25-36, and 50% of his base salary for months 37-48.

Bill is pathetic. It must be nice to be able to make the kind of money these guys are making without actually having to show results. Now take my next comment as it is intended ... Bill's only saving grace as AD is that he still has a very successful hockey program to fall back on. That being said, I don't understand that complete lack of awareness around Football. To be honest, I don't think he actually has had to do much for hockey ... that well oiled machine kind of runs itself, but he will be sure to take credit for that. Bubba apart from taking us up a notch after Muss, has really done nothing to warrant the last two extensions.

Maybe if I stop working so hard at my job, I'll get rewarded too! ... but I doubt it :glare:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1