SiouxSports.com Forum

Sacramento State @ UND 11/25/23 Playoff

SiouxFan100

Hope these guys can find that swagger they had in the NDSU game on both sides of the ball this weekend.  Very winnable game but need to be mistake free.  A healthy Ziebarth should dominate the run game up the middle putting up points and taking time off the clock.  Big Sky teams are generally pass happy quick scoring teams so need to keep the ball out of their hands as much as possible

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Per 360 bid was $119,425.00

Curious, what round 3 - quarter round bid is.. there is a chance … we take care of business on Saturday and then against SD and NDSU wins .  Since both teams are at large it would come down to bid amounts.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Curious, what round 3 - quarter round bid is.. there is a chance … we take care of business on Saturday and then against SD and NDSU wins .  Since both teams are at large it would come down to bid amounts.  

Would imagine the bid they submitted was substantially larger than this round, right? I don’t know when bids were submitted so maybe the NDSU possibility wasn’t thought about but gotta imagine bids in general that round are just much better with it being a more important game and also not a holiday weekend. 

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Biggest question is what jersey/helmet/pants combo will Be worn this weekend!!

Can UND petition Notre Dame again for the interlocking ND on the gray helmets for Saturday?? The answer in life is always no if you don't ask.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can UND petition Notre Dame again for the interlocking ND on the gray helmets for Saturday?? The answer in life is always no if you don't ask.

So dumb, “hey, yea, can we use that logo that we used 60 years before you ever did this weekend?” There are some older style interlocking NDs that we used way way back in the day. Maybe we should use those? They can’t have a trademark on any type of ND can they?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kab said:

Probably under with students and band gone

Attendance figures usually are tickets sold (not scanned), correct? Does anyone know how they count student tickets? Which number is used? Hypothetical numbers.

• Total Student section blocked off: 1000
  • Claimed: 300
  • Scanned: 200

59 minutes ago, AJS said:

Attendance figures usually are tickets sold (not scanned), correct? Does anyone know how they count student tickets? Which number is used? Hypothetical numbers.

• Total Student section blocked off: 1000
  • Claimed: 300
  • Scanned: 200

As far as I know, reported playoff attendance figures are also paid attendance. The real difference in the case of playoffs is that there are very few no-shows(excepting for severe weather). During the regular season, single-game tickets might be purchased months in advance and things might come up for people(like a terrible season). And often season ticket holders might skip a game or three. But playoff tickets are purchased only a week before the game and generally only by those that actually plan to attend. So actual attendance and paid attendance are very close.

As for student tickets, there are no student tickets at playoff games. At least not from the NCAA perspective. If UND is offering free tickets to students, those tickets have been purchased by UND(and/or donors) at full face value. As such, they will be counted toward reported attendance whether they're used or not.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

As far as I know, reported playoff attendance figures are also paid attendance. The real difference in the case of playoffs is that there are very few no-shows(excepting for severe weather). During the regular season, single-game tickets might be purchased months in advance and things might come up for people(like a terrible season). And often season ticket holders might skip a game or three. But playoff tickets are purchased only a week before the game and generally only by those that actually plan to attend. So actual attendance and paid attendance are very close.

As for student tickets, there are no student tickets at playoff games. At least not from the NCAA perspective. If UND is offering free tickets to students, those tickets have been purchased by UND(and/or donors) at full face value. As such, they will be counted toward reported attendance whether they're used or not.

On top of that, schools also aren't going to overcount playoff attendance as they have to pay a percentage (or the guarantee, whichever is larger) of sales to the NCAA. Can't remember if it is still the case, but I also seem to remember some sort of limit on what you could set the lowest price at and it correlated to season ticket prices. So you couldn't sell a bunch of $5 tickets to fill up the place. Might have been some sort of exclusion for student tickets though.

Podcast with Jack Michaels with Sac State announcer discussing the game. Starts at about the fifteen minute mark. 

Sac State with the “stingers up” saying - ugh

https://sactownsports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=e6baa683-d1b6-4cf7-937e-2051e1963f06&n=Stingers+Up+-+The+Sacramento+State+Football+Podcast+with+Jason+Ross&i=1593

15 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Would imagine the bid they submitted was substantially larger than this round, right? I don’t know when bids were submitted so maybe the NDSU possibility wasn’t thought about but gotta imagine bids in general that round are just much better with it being a more important game and also not a holiday weekend. 

I requested bids from both schools and NDSU's is about 200K for the quarterfinals.  UND bid less for the quarterfinals than they did the opening round.  UND QF bid was only 97.5K.  What hurts UND is they they listed Alerus rent expense for the full 42K.  You would think the city would be interested in helping UND out a little bit, considering how much economic activity hosting a game brings to the town for bars/restaurants/hotels, etc.

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I requested bids from both schools and NDSU's is about 200K for the quarterfinals.  UND bid less for the quarterfinals than they did the opening round.  UND QF bid was only 97.5K.  What hurts UND is they they listed Alerus rent expense for the full 42K.  You would think the city would be interested in helping UND out a little bit, considering how much economic activity hosting a game brings to the town for bars/restaurants/hotels, etc.

especially with bo as mayor?

59 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

So if NDSU and UND end up meeting in the playoffs it will be in Fargo?

41 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Ok. I thought I had seen someone on Twitter say that they don't bid the next round until after the first rounds are done. They could be wrong or else I just read it wrong too.

All bids are due at the same time.  The game locations for the next rounds, other than for seeded teams, can't be confirmed until they know who is playing.