SiouxSports.com Forum

Sacramento State @ UND 11/25/23 Playoff

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Home team picks the time for the first 2 rounds.  All games are on ESPN+ so it really doesn't matter.  Especially with 8 games being played on Saturday the first two weekends.  There is going to be overlap.  Attendance is going to be down for the football game, and hockey too. Playing at noon gives people that may be coming into town for hockey to possibly do both games with a reasonable amount of time between game.  It certainly isn;t going to hurt attendance in a predictable low attendance game.  But it certainly could help.

Also, messing with the Sac St. players internal clock is an added bonus!

The Thanksgiving holiday doesn't help attendance at any of the games this weekend either (hockey and football). I just hope whomever can go will go and give this team the support they deserve. And UND better promote the heck out of this game; no reason not to promote a home playoff game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

couldn't we look it at it as keep those hornets locked up in the lucky inn for a night game looking out the window at nothing for a few extra hours might f them up in head instead of just pulling the bandaid?

let's face it.....bubba is asleep by 8pm most nights...his call i guess

I guess you can look at it however you’d like but in my opinion an early kickoff benefits UND much more than Sac St.   Keeping a schedule when traveling west to east is a tough adjustment   

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Home team picks the time for the first 2 rounds.  All games are on ESPN+ so it really doesn't matter.  Especially with 8 games being played on Saturday the first two weekends.  There is going to be overlap.  Attendance is going to be down for the football game, and hockey too. Playing at noon gives people that may be coming into town for hockey to possibly do both games with a reasonable amount of time between game.  It certainly isn;t going to hurt attendance in a predictable low attendance game.  But it certainly could help.

Also, messing with the Sac St. players internal clock is an added bonus!

Doesn't ESPN+ use the Midco crew (camera operators, technical crew, and the announcers)? If so, the game has to start at noon to give Midco enough time to set up at the Ralph for hockey that night.

On 11/19/2023 at 1:56 PM, 108498 said:

If anyone told us in August, that UND was hosting a first round game, I think most would have been ok with that. 

I think would be all be disappointed with zero playoff wins this season regardless of whether we are a 9-2 seed or squeaking in at 7-4. No excuses to lose this game at home 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, LH Golfer said:

Doesn't ESPN+ use the Midco crew (camera operators, technical crew, and the announcers)? If so, the game has to start at noon to give Midco enough time to set up at the Ralph for hockey that night.

They might use a couple of them to free lance, but no ESPN brings their own production crew/equipment.  

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You heard that on radio post game too. Interviewer asked if he got down for clock management. He sounded kinda sheepish about it, " ... felt them tugging at the ball ... so I got down ... " 

Basically admitted to commiting "ball security" over stretching to score or being savvy and thinking 'clock'. 

I had seats on the goal line and saw a couple of redbirds trying to rip it loose.  Click don't mean crap if you lose the ball.  Ask the Vikings.

15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I had seats on the goal line and saw a couple of redbirds trying to rip it loose.  Click don't mean crap if you lose the ball.  Ask the Vikings.

Yea Tommy didn’t tuck the ball until late in the run. The thought crossed my mind that a strip of the ball might happen. He secured the ball late and went down. Thankfully! Everything changes if there is a fumble.

• Upvote 1