SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

23 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

It feels like we need to score first and get some early breaks to beat them. We lose confidence quickly on the road it seems - maybe as early as the warmup.

Last week's start was great. A nice lead heading to half time before they scored late to cut it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Goon said:

Since UND beat NDSU, I haven't seen a complete 60-minute game. Albeit, they've suffered some injuries to key players. I am thinking 47-10 SD. 

Dabo.......I mean Bubba doesn't get beat down like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have feeling we win 28-14 but our offense will need to control the ball in the second half. USD has good defense but if our offense  plays like it can we can control the ball. Our defense just needs to prevent big plays and stop them one or two times this game will come down time possession who is most effective in red zone. South Dakota has won conference games by getting lead and playing defense and winning close games. We need to do this them but with our offense controlling the ball on methodical drives keeping their offense off the field and keeping our defense rested and making their offense play catch-up instead of them playing keep away from our offense. This is what they did to the bison and sulki’s . 

• Upvote 3

On 11/7/2023 at 10:53 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Dabo.......I mean Bubba doesn't get beat down like that.

Hey @Oxbow6 I'd like to be proven wrong and eat my words, but I've seen nothing that indicates that this team has the mental makeup to go on the road and win against a top-10 team. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Gotta be able to throw downfield (10-15 yards) consistently as running will be tough sledding. Hopefully, they dial back the bubble screens a bit and throw downfield more.

Will the outsides be open, or should be we throw across the middle?  Lots of success to outside last week.

18 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

In checking out their roster they look the way I wish we’d look in the trenches. They’re bigger than us on both lines and by a lot on the DL.

Any insight on why UND has so much trouble getting guys with legit size on the D line? Seems like this conversation has been going on forever.

Are we not targeting the right guys, or not able to add enough weight to some of them? What would you say should be a target size for those guys? 275 DE and 300-310 Nose? I really have not clue what is ideal. Obviously height and frame is a factor too.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any insight on why UND has so much trouble getting guys with legit size on the D line? Seems like this conversation has been going on forever.

Are we not targeting the right guys, or not able to add enough weight to some of them? What would you say should be a target size for those guys? 275 DE and 300-310 Nose? I really have not clue what is ideal. Obviously height and frame is a factor too.

No insight at all.

My take has always been 270 should be a normal DE and 300 should be a normal NT. Throw in a couple ends who are 250 ish and athletic but the rest need to be big first. I also think we’re smallish at OLB right now which isn’t good. Need more OLBs that look like Labat 

• Upvote 1