SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

Having 2 relevant/meaningful football games in November to finish the regular season.  This is awesome!  

Defense will have to show major improvement over the last couple of weeks.  Hopefully both Siegel and McNaboe are back this weekend.

Offense needs to keep rolling.  Would be nice to see Gavin Ziebarth healthy.  I would like to see us not abandon the run.  If they are loading up the box on us like UNI and Indiana state then tommys going to have to make some plays downfield.

5 hours ago, Irish said:

This season's test to see if Bubba can actually get it done.  I'm very surprised he couldn't build off of the momentum of the Bison game and we seemed to go backwards.  Time to right the ship.  

As rough as the last 3 weeks felt, still put ourselves in position for a great opportunity to change the narrative for the season, and potentially set ourselves up for a playoff run. Hoping we can capitalize on the opportunity! 

• Upvote 1

@ SDSU and @UNI went horribly. SDSU is very good FCS team. Starting to look like UNI is as well. Murray State not so much, but still that game was close in the second half due to errors on defense.

This USD game seems it will either be a blow out win for USD or UND will somehow eke out a close win. Usually, based on that, it’s somewhere in between: a close loss for UND. Hope I’m wrong, want the Illinois State game to mean more with a chance to go 8-3, but anytime those fun follow-up home game opportunities present themselves, Bubba’s teams know exactly how to piss it down their legs. 

I want to eat crow .. make me eat crow.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

In true Bubba fashion, the game will be entirely opposite of expectations.  A defensive juggernaut holds the coyotes to zero points, and Noodles and company score 5 for a nail biting win. 

Need to get Tommy this NIL deal. He can be their head spokesperson! 

Win and this team has the inside track for a seed with a week remaining. It won't take a perfect game, but it will take most likely their second-best effort of the year to accomplish. Prove (almost) everyone wrong and get this one!

• Upvote 3

I agree with others that think this is going to be an uphill battle for UND.  Key injuries won't help that...and our track record in Vermillion is not pretty.  That said, it's a game that would be massive for this team's playoff resume and building toward the next step in the progression of the program!  Can we do it...can we win a tough road game?!?!

Honestly I'll settle for looking competent in a loss at this point.  We have yet to do that so far this year...

All that said...do what we do well...Tommy/Eliador/Belquist bring some magic...and we make it a shootout!  That's what I'm hoping for!