SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNI 10/21/2023

SiouxFan100

4 hours ago, TBR said:

A review of the und/ndsu game I listened to attributed the downfall of ndsu to their quarterback play which made me wonder if they had actually watched the game.  The biggest factor in the outcome of that game was the und offensive line. If we see a repeat performance by that group on Saturday our likelihood of winning is very good.

I agree.  I thought that Miller played very well, except for the int.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, TBR said:

A review of the und/ndsu game I listened to attributed the downfall of ndsu to their quarterback play which made me wonder if they had actually watched the game.  The biggest factor in the outcome of that game was the und offensive line. If we see a repeat performance by that group on Saturday our likelihood of winning is very good.

i said something similar a few posts ago...i thought miller was plenty dangerous outside of the pocket...was kind of surprised they didnt keep using that to move the ball down the field...the front line wasnt allowing them many rushing yards, and when he sat in the pocket he couldnt find a reciever...if we keep Day in  the pocket, and limit his scrambles, it will be a big plus.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Might as well not make the trip, bisonreport bros see a 20pt loss for the Hawks. They are the fcs experts and haven’t been wrong before.

Didn't make it to that part. I couldn't stand listening to them because their entire podcast agenda for that edition was:

1. Cope

2. Complain about absolutely anything and everything 

Regardless, it's finally time to talk about this game. 

Their offense is a little worrisome, but the boys should be licking their chops when they look as this defense. Their secondary is leaky and if the inside run struggles a little like sdsu did, then just bounce it outside. 30-20 win I say.

However, I did have a dream last night that UNI won 45-17 and the 360 guys were so mad that they quit doing the podcast. So here's hoping that dreams don't come true?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Regardless, it's finally time to talk about this game. 

Their offense is a little worrisome, but the boys should be licking their chops when they look as this defense. Their secondary is leaky and if the inside run struggles a little like sdsu did, then just bounce it outside. 30-20 win I say.

However, I did have a dream last night that UNI won 45-17 and the 360 guys were so mad that they quit doing the podcast. So here's hoping that dreams don't come true?

Amazing dream lol. 

I just want to hold them under 20pts. That’s the only thing I want out of this game.

Another top concern of mine is their 6’4” 230lb rb. He’s been injured but we have struggled with big backs for years. 

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

We need to take the momentum from last week and roll. That's what good teams do.

100%.  Great showing last weekend against NDSU, now we don't look back and roll into the postseason.  If we want to be seeded we need to win the rest of our games.  This will be a good test, and a game we easily could lose.  This game will be a great indicator of where we are at as a program.  Have we taken a step, or was that lightning in a bottle and we are hoping like hell for 7-4 and a road trip somewhere?  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’ll be honest, I just want a win - whether by 1 or by 40 - in order to see the excitement back at the Alerus next game. The trend with this current staff / regime has been let downs right when the hype has an opportunity to build.

Beat UNI! Go Hawks! 

This!  Follow up last Saturday with a win! 

Lets Go Hawks!

5 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Didn't make it to that part. I couldn't stand listening to them because their entire podcast agenda for that edition was:

1. Cope

2. Complain about absolutely anything and everything 

Listened to 3 minutes of these dorks

wow these people don’t deserve to blog, complained about even boss chicken and people going to a hockey game when we were up 32 points and how they didn’t need to stay in grand forks

dont let the door hit their behinds on the way out, give them a map toMETRO FARGO , THE SAFEST CITY IN ND

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Listed as senior (like Schuster) so another year is possible for Luke??

I believe this is his last year of eligibility. He played in 2019, 2021, 2022 and now 2023 is his 4th year of eligibility. The spring 20-21 season didn't count. It is confusing though because he is listed the same as Tommy.

He might not have wanted to come back for another year, if he did he should have never gotten a snap in the 2022 season. Beleive he was hurt all year and they just gave him a snap or two in one of the games to get him in towards the end of the season. Or maybe he took some snaps early on 2022 and then got hurt, I can't remember. 

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I believe this is his last year of eligibility. He played in 2019, 2021, 2022 and now 2023 is his 4th year of eligibility. The spring 20-21 season didn't count. It is confusing though because he is listed the same as Tommy.

He might not have wanted to come back for another year, if he did he should have never gotten a snap in the 2022 season. Beleive he was hurt all year and they just gave him a snap or two in one of the games to get him in towards the end of the season. Or maybe he took some snaps early on 2022 and then got hurt, I can't remember. 

Not saying he even wants to play another season, but how does the whole Covid year, medical redshirt, and 4-game red shirt all fit in together?  Is it a convoluted mess?  

26 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Not saying he even wants to play another season, but how does the whole Covid year, medical redshirt, and 4-game red shirt all fit in together?  Is it a convoluted mess?  

In 2019 he was a true freshman and played 6 games so that burned a year. Then 2020 was COVID year so that didn't count. But then 2021, 2022, and 2023 makes 4 years of eligibility used up so he would be done. Guess he would have to petition for 2022 to be considered a medical redshirt in order to have another year of eligibility left. That is how I see it anyway. 

• Upvote 1