SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNI 10/21/2023

SiouxFan100

18 minutes ago, TBR said:

I just went through the same exercise of checking to see if it's been changed from espn3 to espn+. Got that screen too. Could be a mistake because I've seen a lot of inaccurate listings of game broadcasters this year.

I think the MVFC game of the week games were moved from ESPN3-only to ESPN3 and ESPN+ for this season.  Could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, TBR said:

I just went through the same exercise of checking to see if it's been changed from espn3 to espn+. Got that screen too. Could be a mistake because I've seen a lot of inaccurate listings of game broadcasters this year.

Wouldn't ESPN3 (as well as ESPN and ESPN2) be part of ESPN+?  I don't know for sure, just speculating. 

7 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Wouldn't ESPN3 (as well as ESPN and ESPN2) be part of ESPN+?  I don't know for sure, just speculating. 

ESPN3 is not part of ESPN+ (neither is ESPN / ESPN2). ESPN3 is strictly through your internet provider I believe. If you have Midco internet for example, you get ESPN3.

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

ESPN3 is not part of ESPN+ (neither is ESPN / ESPN2). ESPN3 is strictly through your internet provider I believe. If you have Midco internet for example, you get ESPN3.

Ok, thanks.  I wasn't sure what is part of ESPN+ and what isn't.  I can watch ESPN3 through my cable subscription (which also happens to be Midco).

So, for streamers out there, I am assuming you need another steaming app (like Hulu) for watching the regular televised ESPN networks? Or are some of you augmenting a traditional cable/satellite service with ESPN+ streaming?  Just curious what people do.  I am super old school and just have Midco cable subscription, but do sometimes watch available content on a computer (like at work, HAHA) :)

11 hours ago, UND Football Fan said:

We come flat, SIU last year all over again. We start slow and play decent D, NAU road game of last year. We play well early, I do see a one to two score win like Youngstown last year. It will be a physical game.

If we expect to make playoffs and go beyond first round, we must win this game!

Gotta score early and score on consecutive drives. Need the defense to get a stop or two right away and get the offense rolling. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UND Football Fan said:

We come flat, SIU last year all over again. We start slow and play decent D, NAU road game of last year. We play well early, I do see a one to two score win like Youngstown last year. It will be a physical game.

If we expect to make playoffs and go beyond first round, we must win this game!

I’m hoping this game doesn’t look like anything from 2022. I’m hoping the team is riding momentum and has graduated beyond that to the next tier. But, don’t get me wrong, this will be a hard fought game and will be interesting to see who does what in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 2

even tho we had a very dominate win on saturday, one thing did stand out to me, of some concern....when miller rolled out(either way) he seemed to find open recievers...VERY open recievers.   we need to clean that up, and make sure when we get pressure, we finish it..gotta be strong up front..this game will be won in the trenches

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 1972 said:

even tho we had a very dominate win on saturday, one thing did stand out to me, of some concern....when miller rolled out(either way) he seemed to find open recievers...VERY open recievers.   we need to clean that up, and make sure when we get pressure, we finish it..gotta be strong up front..this game will be won in the trenches

I don’t think Day is mobile like that. Isn’t he a true pocket passer? The kind we can blitz and actually get home on?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don’t think Day is mobile like that. Isn’t he a true pocket passer? The kind we can blitz and actually get home on?

I remember him being deceptively mobile last year...not the quickest on his feet but tough to bring down because of his size.  Gotta get home on pressures and do a good job of disguising coverages to force mistakes and picks.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I thought he's more a 4-foot radius floater, master of the quick side step but not going far. (Masters of that were Brady, Marino, the Mannings.) And yeah, he's big. 

I just watched the 2022 game highlights.  This will definitely be a tough test on the road.  I think we can build off the confidence of the NDSU will and do it, though.  Would this be our biggest road win since 2018 at Sam Houston State?

• Upvote 2